Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 09, 2024, 07:40:20 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4] Post based Restrictions « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [beta 1.5.4] Post based Restrictions  (Read 13880 times)
1979Z28

Re:[done 1.5.4] Post based Im Access Restrictions
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2003, 12:15:19 AM »

Might I suggest changing the 'You need this many posts: 200' to 'You need 200 posts' ? ;) Sounds a little bit better..
Metho

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2003, 04:07:43 AM »

sens: No, I won't be releasing the new mod until all of my post based features are in place. Expect it tomorrow. This topic title will change, and there'll be a big update in the first post outlining new features and I'll most likely post a new post within here saying updated.

1979: Yeah, when I was fiddling around with the other stuff today I noticed that too and actually changed it earlier today, however it's not reflected in the mod file that's currently up. It'll be one of the changes with the new release. Thanks for mentioning it though. :D

I think you do a lot of modding, so you probably already did this, but in case you didn't and don't want to wait (or for anyone else) just do this:
In english.lng
Find:
$txt['imrestrict3'] = 'Sorry, you don\'t have enough posts to access your instant message box. You need this many posts: ';

Replace with:

$txt['imrestrict3'] = 'Sorry, you don\'t have enough posts to access your instant message box. You need ';

Find:$txt['imrestrict5'] = 'Sorry, you may view your instant messages, but your post count is not high enough to send instant messages.<br>You need this many posts: ';
Replace with:$txt['imrestrict5'] = 'Sorry, you may view your instant messages, but your post count is not high enough to send instant messages.
You need ';

Find:$txt['imrestrict5'] = 'Sorry, you may view your instant messages, but your post count is not high enough to send instant messages.
You need ';

Add after:$txt['imrestrict6'] = ' posts.';

In Sources/InstantMessage.php:
Find://Is IM all restrictions enabled? If so, do you have enough?
   if ($modSettings['enableUserImRestrict'] == 1 && $modSettings['ImMinPosts'] > $settings[6])
      fatal_error("$txt[imrestrict3]$modSettings[ImMinPosts].");

Replace with://Is IM all restrictions enabled? If so, do you have enough?
   if ($modSettings['enableUserImRestrict'] == 1 && $modSettings['ImMinPosts'] > $settings[6])
      fatal_error("$txt[imrestrict3]$modSettings[ImMinPosts]$txt[imrestrict6]");

Find://You can view messages, but can't post...nub.
   if ($modSettings['enableUserImViewRestrict'] == 1 && $modSettings['ImMinPosts'] > $settings[6])
      fatal_error("$txt[imrestrict5]$modSettings[ImMinPosts].");

Replace with://You can view messages, but can't post...nub.
   if ($modSettings['enableUserImViewRestrict'] == 1 && $modSettings['ImMinPosts'] > $settings[6])
      fatal_error("$txt[imrestrict5]$modSettings[ImMinPosts]$txt[imrestrict6]");

Find://You can view messages, but can't post...nub.

Replace with://You can view messages, but can't post...nub.

Note that the last two replacements are the same. The code appears in both function ImPost() and function ImPost2(). This code has been tested on a live server and is functional. As with any software modification, be careful when editing files, and always have a backup.

Again, this change will be present in the next release, so if you don't want to do this manually, just wait a day or so for the mod. :)

Methonis

^Maudit^
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2003, 01:48:45 PM »

It would be great to have an option for automatically remove all IMs after a given amount of time.
Metho

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2003, 02:00:08 PM »

I'm almost positive this is either somewhere in the completed mods, or the code has been provided on php coding help/mod ideas boards...if not, it's probably the prune boards mod I'm thinking about...same concept could be applied though. I wouldn't include that feature in the particular mod though as all of the features will be based on post count. I suggest you look around for that, or ask on the mod ideas board. If it is non-existent I may even feel like trying to do it. (Though like I said, I'm almost positive it's somewhere on this site.)

Methonis

Metho

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2003, 11:10:42 AM »

Alright, updated. Look to the first post for info.

Methonis

sensovision

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2003, 09:41:29 PM »

Quote from: Metho on July 29, 2003, 11:10:42 AM
Alright, updated. Look to the first post for info.

Methonis
Metho thank you very much for this Mod, I've already install it on my community and it's working perfectly!!!  :D
Also I've found very useful that each of restriction has own post count.
As for suggestion I have two of them, maybe you can make in next release, I mean to show the site in message profile also based on post count(but in profile window it could appear all the time IMHO).
And what about placing some info in profile that e.g. your signature will appear after such ammoun of post or it would be too complicated?

Denis

Are you good with the graphic? check out our design logo contest!
Metho

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2003, 10:38:39 PM »

Quote from: sensovision on July 29, 2003, 09:41:29 PM
As for suggestion I have two of them, maybe you can make in next release, I mean to show the site in message profile also based on post count(but in profile window it could appear all the time IMHO).
And what about placing some info in profile that e.g. your signature will appear after such ammoun of post or it would be too complicated?

I'm really tired, so perhaps I'm just reading this incorrectly, but I don't quite understand what you're saying there. Once said user has enough posts, the sig/avat/personal text in the profile WILL appear. If you could give me a clear and concise example of what you mean, it'd be appreciated. I'm just totally missing what you're asking. :(

Methonis

sensovision

Re:[beta 1.5.4] Post based Restrictions
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2003, 10:48:37 PM »

oh sorry man, didn't mean to upset you. that's because English isn't my native language I can't explain my idea clearly.
Mod is working great for me and I'm just suggesting that in some of future release you maybe could implement feature of hiding this image from the post:
sorry if I've make you tired. If anything I can do to show my appreciation for mod please let me know.

Denis

Metho

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2003, 10:55:02 PM »

Erk, ya must've taken my tone the wrong way...funny how this is being talked about over in the chit chat board. You didn't upset me at all. I just didn't understand what you were asking before, so I wanted you to be a bit clearer if you could (which you were) So you're saying you want to hide certain profile images based off of post count then? Or are you talking about just enabling/disabling them whenever? Or perhaps removing them permanently?

Methonis

(And saying thank you before was far more appreciation than I need) :)

sensovision

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2003, 11:23:19 PM »

Quote(And saying thank you before was far more appreciation than I need)
thank you onece again! :)

QuoteErk, ya must've taken my tone the wrong way...funny how this is being talked about over in the chit chat board.
yup I've misunderstood you.

QuoteI just didn't understand what you were asking before, so I wanted you to be a bit clearer if you could (which you were)
ok I'll try to explain in other way, and if I understand you correctly you've ask me for where I'm coming from if so I'm from small city Kerch in Ukraine.

QuoteOr perhaps removing them permanently?
as for removing permanently I already remove some images of instant messengers so I know how to do this.

QuoteSo you're saying you want to hide certain profile images based off of post count then? Or are you talking about just enabling/disabling them whenever? Or perhaps removing them permanently?
I'm thought that it would be good idea make this image to be shown basing on the post count, in same way as you did with signature, avatar and personal text.
so it would appear only after member reach estimated acount of posts.

Denis

sensovision

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2003, 02:13:21 AM »

hi Metho, I'm suspecting that your code could make signature updating not work, could it be so? since first I've got mail from my member who wasn't able to change his signature and later I've trouble myself and in both times I've change signature directly in database. Could it be because this mod or it doesn't possess such potential?
Also it seems that some members has such problems and some don't(I think those who has something in singature has problems).

Denis

Metho

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2003, 02:29:00 AM »

Whoops, yeah. I forgot to rewrite a few lines in the mod file. I'm one of those guys who kind mods as he goes, so I occasionally leave out changes I made to the test board. Gimme a few to correct some things, and I'll reupload/give you the fix.

Methonis

sensovision

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2003, 02:40:47 AM »

thx, Metho, you're really fast in responce ;) I'll wait for updated MOD.
By the way do you plan to do same MOD to SMF if such features wouldn't be included there by default since my members love them :D

Denis

Metho

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2003, 03:39:21 AM »

Heh, you'll be amazed at what SMF's permissions system will give you control of. They'll be no need for me to make a mod like this in SMF. ;) I always be around to make the mods that do need to be though.

Methonis

sensovision

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2003, 11:50:09 AM »

Quote from: Metho on August 11, 2003, 03:39:21 AM
Heh, you'll be amazed at what SMF's permissions system will give you control of. They'll be no need for me to make a mod like this in SMF. ;) I always be around to make the mods that do need to be though.
sounds promising to me ;)
please let me know when fix will be available, ok?
thanks in advance!

Denis

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4] Post based Restrictions « previous - next »