Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 04, 2024, 08:10:36 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  I've got a Rpg Mod « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: I've got a Rpg Mod  (Read 11474 times)
RedLink
Noobie

Check my website

Re:I've got a Rpg Mod
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2003, 07:28:39 PM »

As for spells, I think you should use elemental powers like fire, ice, earth, water etc. and have weaker and more powerful spells of each element. "Buff-up" spells would be nice, but probably very hard to implement. If you can't think of good names you could just name them like: weak ice spell, medium fire spell, strong acid spell etc. and have something in the admin panel thingy where the admin can set the names (Kinda like the usergroups).

I just have a question about the levels and all. Will you implement the possibilit to focus on magic and get more magic points and stronger spells rather than focusing on fighting abilities? Or will there be just 1 class and everone on the forums will get the same abilities/powers the exact same way?
Spark_of_Ice
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2003, 08:51:12 PM »

Yeah applying an experience thingy would be nice.

After every battle, one may gain experience using the weapons he used.
Like we can have some classes that an Admin can assign.

A certain class can gain more experience then others.  Like a fighter would gain more fighting experience then a mage.  And a mage would gain more magic experience then a fighter.
Ayeka

Good & Evil, there is never one without the other.

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2003, 10:25:51 PM »

I'll consider ways of implementing the various experiance gifts and classes.  Right now there is only one class that is based on posts and time.  I'll probably figure out a way to implement that with the different 'races' users can be as well.

Since finals are finished, I'll be able to spend more time on this project YAY!

Current status:

• Maximum MP and HP percents are now working correctly
  • Selling equipment now works.  It is also based on a random cost to sell.
  • HP and MP restoration is now working properly.
Now I just need to figure out the spells again ... :)

--Ayeka
Master of the purple!
HAHAhahahahahaha!
Spark_of_Ice
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2003, 04:37:47 PM »

What do you need by spells?  It would be cool if we had classes, but not to many it would be veryl ong and hard 8).

Mage
Warrior
Archer

Simple and easy eh?  And for the spells that you need, I like Red Link's Idea.

Water
Fire
Earth

(Sounds like Pokemon!!)  But anyways, we can have Water stronger then Fire and Fire stronger then Earth and Earth stronger then Water.

But how is the fighting system going to work?
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2003, 07:40:16 PM »

have a thief class being able to take points and things from others would be interesting, but should have some kind of penalty

remember to give each class it's advantages and disadvantages ;)

it'd be interesting to have gilds too... a board for each class where only that class can enter... they'd behave pretty much like member groups, but based on rpg class

maybe there should be a minimum number class members before a gild for that class is allowed... it's pointless to have a gild with 3 members and all in low levels... a member with a high level should probably a requisite too
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 07:46:29 PM by Anguz » Logged

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
Spark_of_Ice
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2003, 02:19:47 AM »

Yeah, Guilds are nice.  We can have that too.  But yeah, I agree with Anguz, I say you have to be a certain level to create a guild.  And well, no backstabbing lol.  When part of a guild, you have to be a member for 24 hours before leaving.  And once you left you have to wait another 24 hours to get back in.  That way nobody would unjoin attack their own team and join back..lol.
Spark_of_Ice
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2004, 05:35:59 PM »

Sorry for the double post, but is there any progress?
Ayeka

Good & Evil, there is never one without the other.

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2004, 11:32:24 AM »

Sorry, been really busy.  Current status:

1)  For whatever reason some members magic points are not updating.
2)  Slowly I'm adding spell effects to the system.
3)  I'm not sure if the logging in problem or not has been fixed (since nobody has responded to my querys about their being a problem, but still griping there is one  >:( )
4)  Races will be added shortly
5)  Classes will be developed.

Only time will tell how much longer this massive project will take.  Although, I have learned quite a bit since I've started.

--Ayeka
Master of the purple!
HAHAhahahahahaha!
Spark_of_Ice
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2004, 04:05:26 PM »

Quote from: Ayeka on January 14, 2004, 11:32:24 AM
Sorry, been really busy.  Current status:

1)  For whatever reason some members magic points are not updating.
2)  Slowly I'm adding spell effects to the system.
3)  I'm not sure if the logging in problem or not has been fixed (since nobody has responded to my querys about their being a problem, but still griping there is one  >:( )
4)  Races will be added shortly
5)  Classes will be developed.

Only time will tell how much longer this massive project will take.  Although, I have learned quite a bit since I've started.

We're really proud of you.  You are a great person.

YAY for Ayeka!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  I've got a Rpg Mod « previous - next »