Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20, 2024, 11:56:04 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.x] Member Map « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done 1.5.x] Member Map  (Read 61747 times)
truecrimson
Noobie

The Llama has been assimilated.

Re:[Done 1.5.1] Member Map
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2003, 12:12:46 AM »

I rechecked english.lng, and can't find anything wrong.  I did notice though that for every .lng file there is also a .lng~ file.  I don't know if that has anything to do with it, or not.  Thanks.
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2003, 12:32:19 AM »

So you have $txt['memmap2'] in your english.lng then?
truecrimson
Noobie

« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2003, 05:17:01 AM »

Yep, here is the section coped from the english.lng file:

// Member Map Mod Text$txt['memmap1'] = 'Member Map';$txt['memmap2'] = 'Edit Member Map';$txt['memmap3'] = 'Map';$txt['memmap4'] = 'City';$txt['memmap5'] = 'Region';$txt['memmap6'] = 'Country';$txt['memmap7'] = 'Country Flag';$txt['memmap8'] = 'Save Pin';$txt['memmap9'] = 'Remove Pin';$txt['memmap10'] = 'Close';$txt['memmap11'] = 'Place My Pin';$txt['memmap12'] = 'Default Map to Show';$txt['memmap13'] = 'Path to images directory, normally "./YaBBImages/"';$txt['memmap14'] = 'Regions to show in drop down, listed in order<br /><strong>xxx,country name</strong> - the country for the regions below<br /><strong>region code,region name</strong> - provinces, states, etc for this country';

$txt['jsvalidate1']
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2003, 03:19:07 PM »

Is that all one line? Because it shouldn't be. You have a // at the beginning of it so everything is going to be considered a comment and not loaded.
truecrimson
Noobie

« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2003, 02:50:29 AM »

actually the entire english.lng seems to be one continuous line or jumble, which I thought was strange.  I will remove // when i get home from work in the morning, or sooner, if my ftp starts working again.  Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.

Reoved the // and got this:
QuoteParse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\thecrimsonpirate\yabbse\english.lng on line 1477
« Last Edit: May 29, 2003, 03:38:20 AM by truecrimson » Logged
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2003, 06:10:56 AM »

Well thats probably because your english.lng is all screwy. Try uploading a fresh copy and redo the insert of the membermap text.
oldiesmann
YaBB God

Jesus died for your sins... Have you thanked him?

oldiesmann@oldiesmann.us WWW
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2003, 02:02:47 PM »

The reason you get that error is because it doesn't have any idea what "member map mod" is. That's the part that's supposed to be commented out, not the entire thing...

"I've sinned greatly, but Christ's for real, baby
It's a wonder He saved me and just didn't hate me
So won't you tell Him "Save me"
Please stand up, please stand up, please stand up..." - J. Jackson (More Info)
truecrimson
Noobie

« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2003, 06:36:23 AM »

Ok. the problem seems to have been notepad.  It scrambled everything.  I opened the file in Dreamweaver mx and it was ordered.  After going through everything yet again it seems to work, but I get the following error on the top of the profile page:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\thecrimsonpirate\yabbse\Sources\Profile.php on line 695

Line 695 of profile.php copied from Dreamwaver mx:
         $request = mysql_query("DELETE FROM {$db_prefix}log_online WHERE identity='$userID'") or database_error(__FILE__, __LINE__);

Just noticed when saving a new profile I get the following error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: modifyprofile2() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\thecrimsonpirate\yabbse\index.php on line 304

Here are the lines surrounding 304 in index.php:
   if (isset($actionArray[$action]))
   {
      $includeFile = $actionArray[$action][0];
      $executeFunction = $actionArray[$action][1];
      unset($actionArray);

include_once $includeFile;
      if ($executeFunction != "")
         $executeFunction();
   }

I'm at a complete loss.  I went through everything again, with no results, and I am left with no recourse except to bug you guys once again.  Sorry for being such a noob, and thanks for all your help.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2003, 07:08:38 AM by truecrimson » Logged
truecrimson
Noobie

« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2003, 12:47:21 PM »

OK, I finally found the problem, by comparing a "good" profile.php from another forum.  In profile.php, in the following section, the code in bold was missing from the sql query.  Fixed that and it works great.  Thanks for a great mod ;D

$request = mysql_query("
         UPDATE {$db_prefix}members
         SET $queryPasswdPart $customTitlePart realName='$member[name]', emailAddress='$member[email]', websiteTitle='$member[websitetitle]', websiteUrl='$member[websiteurl]', signature='$member[signature]', posts=$member[settings6], memberGroup='$member[settings7]', ICQ='$member[icq]', MSN='$member[msn]', AIM='$member[aim]', YIM='$member[yim]', gender='$member[gender]', personalText='$member[usertext]', avatar='$member[userpic]', $member[dr]location='$member[location]', birthdate='$member[bday]', lngfile='$member[language]', " . ($username == $member['user'] ? "memberIP='$memIP', " : '') . "timeFormat='$member[usertimeformat]', timeOffset=$timeOffest, secretQuestion='$member[secretQuestion]', secretAnswer='$member[secretAnswer]', hideEmail=$hideEmail$karmaStr
         WHERE memberName='$user'") or database_error(__FILE__, __LINE__);
      updateStats('member');

I'm not sure how it got lost, or if anyone has had the same problems.

I have added maps of PA, Texas, and the Lehigh Valley, PA  area, but they are not in the same style as the included maps.  How would one make a map in similar style??
Also, I thought it might be cool to have a feature where pins on "close up"maps, or regional maps get duplicated or somehow represented on larger area maps.  For example a pin on my Lehigh Valley map would replicate, or be represented on the PA, and US maps.  Right now I am going to do this by creating members named local users1, local users2, etc, and place thier pins on the other maps, but if there is a better way please let me know.  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2003, 12:54:46 PM by truecrimson » Logged
BiErLeEuW

« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2003, 10:27:31 AM »

Is this mod already updated to 1.5.3 ? and updated with the bugfixes on this pages?
Gere

I'm a llama!

« Reply #175 on: June 09, 2003, 07:11:36 PM »

Works fine with 1.5.3, I guess 1.5.2 and 1.5.3 were so little updates so they dont mean much with mods.
Andre
Noobie

Learning every day

« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2003, 10:43:20 AM »

First, this is truly a great mod!!  

But i do have one problem. In the box below the map where the names are listed, the text color and the background are both very dark and allmost impossible to read ( see for yourself; http://www.historic-battles.com/yabbse/index.php?board=;action=mmview)

Is there any way to either lighten the background color or the font?  My computer skills are somewhat limited...  ::)

Any help will be most appreciated :)

-Andre-
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2003, 06:40:14 PM »

Hi Andre if I remember correctly the mod uses the color from your admin settings page for the background of the table. So if you find it isn't looking right you could try changing the values there.
Metho

I'm a llama!

Re:[Beta 1.5.1] Member Map
« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2003, 06:39:53 AM »

Quote from: babylonking on March 08, 2003, 10:29:14 PM
Gobalopper: I insert it the code below in MemberMap.php to stop guests from viewing the map section but when i  click as guest on map button i only see this message  
(An Error Has Occurred!) and the error message box is not showing the reason of the error.........for example (Sorry, you must register before using this feature.) ???

if ($username == "Guest")
  fatal_error($txt[223]);

Thanks for this great mod. :)

Not to dig up the past, and not that it's a huge deal, but did anyone ever solve this? I tried the same thing in my Membermap.php file and I get the same thing. A box with "An Error Has Occured!" in the heading, and no explaination in the actual box. If anyone knows the solution, I'd be grateful. :D

Methonis

Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2003, 06:51:30 AM »

Well you could always replace the $txt[223] with another error message. Like fatal_error("Error: The Member Map can only be viewed by members");
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.x] Member Map « previous - next »