Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14, 2024, 07:03:10 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Beta 1.0] Tripod.co.uk File Attachment « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Beta 1.0] Tripod.co.uk File Attachment  (Read 2507 times)
Davidk
Noobie

Crazy..

[Beta 1.0] Tripod.co.uk File Attachment
« on: October 16, 2002, 10:43:36 AM »

I tried using the file attachment on my tripod.co.uk board, but ended up with a "2: chmod() has been disabled for security reasons" error. So I disabled it, but when I was going through my directories on tripod.co.uk I found the file in my attachment folder.  Weird huh? I found out one line of code changed in post.php stoped the "2: chmod() has been disabled for security reasons" and attached the file to the post.  My Yabb SE version is 1.4.1.  

Screen shot-

Download Mod (zip)-
Tripod.co.uk File Attachment Mod 1.0 Beta

[edit] BTW, the mod is for Boardmod SE 2.5.1.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2002, 10:47:53 AM by Davidk » Logged
* Red *
Noobie

My tongue tastes funny

ICQ - 97805524redrangersoftware@yahoo.co.uk WWW
Re:[Beta 1.0] Tripod.co.uk File Attachment
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 10:29:23 PM »

This doesn't really need to be a mod, certainly not in BoardMod format. Oh, and you might want to fix ModifyMessage.php as well.

Davidk
Noobie

Crazy..

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 04:55:22 AM »

Quote from: * Red Ranger Software * on October 16, 2002, 10:29:23 PMThis doesn't really need to be a mod, certainly not in BoardMod format. Oh, and you might want to fix ModifyMessage.php as well.
Nah, more like code ;) - but I just decided to put it up for people that wanted to use boardmod :).  What about modifymessage.php?
* Red *
Noobie

My tongue tastes funny

ICQ - 97805524redrangersoftware@yahoo.co.uk WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2002, 10:50:38 AM »

There's a chmod in there as well, used when uploading files using the Modify button. And please don't quote posts directly above yours.

1979Z28

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2002, 11:05:49 AM »

Quote from: * Red Ranger Software * on October 17, 2002, 10:50:38 AMThere's a chmod in there as well, used when uploading files using the Modify button. And please don't quote posts directly above yours.

Why not? ;) Quoting in general isn't mainly intended to let other people know what one is talking about, it can also be used to help the writer address issues within the quoted post. Normally people delete it right after, but not always. Don't worry all too much about it ;D Quoting people isn't a crime
Davidk
Noobie

Crazy..

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2002, 11:10:18 AM »

Quote from: * Red Ranger Software * on October 17, 2002, 10:50:38 AMThere's a chmod in there as well, used when uploading files using the Modify button. And please don't quote posts directly above yours.
Hmm..I haven't had any problems with the cdmod in modifymessages.php.  Everything is working good, except on bigger uploads it times out.

Orbiter Fan
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2002, 12:51:48 PM »

Could someone please provide the code for this YaBB SE Mod?? I also have Lycos as a webhost and want to get rid of that annoying chmod error! I have tried to chmod the Sources\ folder to 777 manually with WS_FTP and then it goes away. But when I leave the forum the chmod settings are back to 644. So please either provide me with the zipfile or the code!

Orbiter Fan
Davidk
Noobie

Crazy..

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2002, 10:10:46 PM »

I took the zip off a while ago because I thought no one had any intrest in it...But here it is :).  It just replaces :
chmod ("$modSettings[attachmentUploadDir]/$destName",0644) || $chmod_failed = 1; in post.php to /* */      

Though some say other pieces of code need to be replaced, I haven't had one problem with that code replacement above at all.  Also, you don't have to put /* */ but I couldn't get it to work in boardmod without putting that down.  I do have problems with server time outs though, and don't know exacally how big a file can be transfered over - I've done some 100k transfers and they seem good.
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Beta 1.0] Tripod.co.uk File Attachment « previous - next »