Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 19, 2024, 05:17:14 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  upgrade 1.1.0 -> 1.4.0 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: upgrade 1.1.0 -> 1.4.0  (Read 2883 times)
magical_yak
Noobie

I may not have morals, but I have standards...

magicalyak@hotmail.com WWW
Re:upgrade 1.1.0 -> 1.4.0
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2002, 07:31:18 PM »

Quote from: Jaxom on June 16, 2002, 09:39:56 AMI did eventually find the solution. You can't upgrade direct from 1.1 to 1.4. Half the sql upgrade entries and yabbimage files are not in the 1.4 upgrade. Instead, first run the 1.3 upgrade, specifically the upgrade.php and copy up the yabbimages - then run the 1.4 upgrade as instructed. This worked perfectly first time on my second, code identical yabbse board.

Just wanted to add if you foolishly already ran the 1.4 upgrade from 1.1 (like myself) and didn't do a backup.  Just run the 1.3 upgrade (including overwriting the files and following the directions).  Then go through the whole process with 1.4 upgrade. It worked for me.  I thought I would have to scrap the whole board and reinstall but it seems to be running just fine.

I was a bit confused by the time variable, but realized that was in the admin panel for forum settings.  

"Well, let's just say, 'if your VCR is blinking 12:00, you don't want Linux" - Bruce Perens, Debian's Fearless Leader
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  upgrade 1.1.0 -> 1.4.0 « previous - next »