Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 26, 2024, 03:08:09 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  Maintenance Package Shortly... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Maintenance Package Shortly...  (Read 27331 times)
rican5vl

I would do this girl for hours!

Re:Maintenance Package Shortly...
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2002, 05:57:27 PM »

Ohh goodie goodie!!!

I hope everything is all good...

Can I ask you guys a question????

When you release the second version or maintenence package are you going to delete every post in the BUGS SECTION.

I think that would be good, or create like a new archive section just for those bugs, it will be very confusing being as there are just too many posts in there anyway.

Same with the mod ideas. Are you going to delete alot of them and make it less confusing for us organized types lol

Rican
Zef Hemel
Advisor
YaBB God

Me too

ICQ - 61109769 WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2002, 05:57:31 PM »

Quote from: Mostmaster on January 13, 2002, 05:33:57 PMWill the new IM-center also be included in the Maintenance release?
Most probably not

andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2002, 06:08:44 PM »

An hour ago I downloaded the english.lng from this board, in order to prepare the german file to be ready when next rel is downloadable.

Hope no new entries will be in the file until you release. This was just a joke, sbody wrote above you are preparing the zips etc.

Here an observation:
In the "//Text for PacMan updates" section there are all the LF's (line feed characters) missing. This makes it very hard to compare the language files and to translate. Maybe one should insert there the LF's.  :)

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2002, 07:08:47 PM »

1) The new IM system will not be in it, it had to be delayed as it is a major overhaul.

2) Bugs and mods boards won't be wiped.  I use the bugs at http://www.yabb.info/bugs to track bugs and progress anyway...

3) The english.lng currently running here is normal I think, didn't know anything is missing, perhaps Matt uploaded in binary...

andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2002, 07:13:18 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Lewis on January 13, 2002, 07:08:47 PM3) The english.lng currently running here is normal I think, didn't know anything is missing, perhaps Matt uploaded in binary...
No, its not the ascii/binary problem. The variables are written in one long  line. There is no LF or CRLF between the variables at all.

andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2002, 07:16:51 PM »

Furthermore, its easier for upgrading language files if all new lines are located at the end. If new lines are in between the lines, you have to check all the 1'200 lines of the file, when you want to translate the updates.

Edit: I mean at the end of the blocks, for instance the
$txt[999] blocks
$txt[yse999] blocks
etc.
There are several logical blocks in the language files. Within the blocks, the numbers 999 should be strictly increasing. That would simplify the translating stuff a lot.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2002, 07:20:42 PM by andrea » Logged

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2002, 07:17:59 PM »

Hmm, very weird indeed :)  I can send a copy to your email if you'd like...

andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2002, 07:21:41 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Lewis on January 13, 2002, 07:17:59 PMHmm, very weird indeed :)  I can send a copy to your email if you'd like...
Oh yes, please! Thanks a lot.  :)

TheJkWhoSaysNi
YaBB God

I dont know what to put here, i'll leave it blank.

ICQ - 122821095TheJkWhoSaysNi@evilemail.com WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2002, 07:23:17 PM »

God dammit jeff! every time i see

I think Maintenance pack.. Released?!! then click on it and go aww... damn annoying getting my hopes up like that ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2002, 07:24:04 PM by UD_UL_DeViL » Logged

WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
I'm listening to....
Godai
Mod God :P

YaBB SE!!!!

ICQ - 70621553godai78@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2002, 07:23:56 PM »

Off Topic: we have to add an iteration that checks user's gender displaying position.

ex:

male: YaBB God / female: YaBB Goddess

:D

Emanuele 'Godai' Sparvoli
YaBB Italian Team
100% YaBB Lover
Matt Siegman
Super Duper Developer
YaBB God

Red Hot!

ICQ - 95930457 WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2002, 07:47:40 PM »

I use linux :P they were never there :P I did download it and fix that I thought  ::)

andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2002, 07:53:32 PM »

Matt, its not the unix/windows CR LF problem, I try to explain better:

Most of the engish.lng is perfect on my pc, its only one section, namely this one:
//Text for PacMan updates
$txt['yse168b'] = "String <b>found</b>, I will now add before it:";$txt['yse159b'] = "Apply Mod";$txt['yse162b'] = "Modification file was extracted, this modification also comes with a SQL file with modifications the database needs.  It is a good idea to run it.";$txt['yse163b'] = "Run";$txt['yse174b'] = "SQL Queries";$txt['yse175b'] = "The following SQL instructions were excuted:";$txt['yse175c'] = "The MySQL database returned this:";$txt['yse175d'] = "ERROR: MySQL queries failed!  Please try to do the MySQL queries manually or the mod may not work.<br>\nMySQL returned this:<br>\n";$txt['yse175e'] = "Success!";$txt['yse171b'] = "Uninstallation would have completed if this weren't a test, so if there were no errors, the mod could be applied, hit the back button in your browser.";$txt['yse172b'] = "Uninstallation Completed, ";$txt['yse189b'] = "No mods currently installed";$txt['yse188b'] = "Browse installed mods";$txt['yse198b'] = "Uninstall";$txt['yse198c'] = "Uninstalling Mod";$txt['yse198d'] = "Delete Mod List";$txt['yse198e'] = "Test Uninstallation";$txt['yse198f'] = "That mod is already installed!";$txt['yse198g'] = "I know it isn't installed, so install it anyway";$txt['yse198h'] = "Sorry, you server has PHP set to SAFE MODE.  This feature is not compatible with SAFE MODE.  Sorry.";$txt['yse198i'] = "Let me try anyway.";
$txt['pacman1'] = "<br><br><font color=red size=\"+1\"><b>WARNING</b></font><br>This mod has not been approved by the official YaBBSE Mod council.<br><br>";
All the variables are in one line, not even a blank in between. But its already fixed now, Jeff will uploade the new file with the line feed inserted.

Matt Siegman
Super Duper Developer
YaBB God

Red Hot!

ICQ - 95930457 WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2002, 08:00:09 PM »

yeah, I know what you mean, I don't know why the little bastards weren't in there  ::)

Godai
Mod God :P

YaBB SE!!!!

ICQ - 70621553godai78@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2002, 08:01:43 PM »

Sometimes it happens, try to zip or rar things before send them.

Emanuele 'Godai' Sparvoli
YaBB Italian Team
100% YaBB Lover
Brad

Promoter of YaBB

ICQ - 83017998 WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2002, 08:35:50 PM »

Is there a list somewhere of the bugs this package will fix?  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  Maintenance Package Shortly... « previous - next »