Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 29, 2024, 10:00:53 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  Modifying source code... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Modifying source code...  (Read 17861 times)
Omar Bazavilvazo
YaBB SE Developer
YaBB God

I never said I would stay to the end...

not complaining :P just teasing.. heh
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2002, 08:24:01 PM »

well, i'm not complaining :P just stating a fact *rofl* (J/K)

in fact, i'm loving the way YaBBSE is developing... too many bugfixes in a very shot time... devs are doing this full time? :P

nahh.. is ok the beta thing for us to check all and ask for more features or bugs that are more seen if many ppl uses it apart from the coder :P

and... is better to be in this part (actually at my work i'm using CVS and fixing bugs too.. so i'm torturing all you guys..  ;D)

good work guys :P

Greetings from México!
http://omarbazavilvazo.com
Mi foro Español-Japonés
http://hablajapones.org
http://hablajapones.org/index.php/japones/tutoriales/b16.php

NO me manden IM para soporte o dudas
...Leo los foros como todos...
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

Re:Modifying source code...
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2002, 08:38:07 PM »

Thanks ;)  We're trying... I think Joseph is trying to get as much done as possible as well before he leaves for China too ;)

add_effect

heh heh

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2002, 05:18:35 PM »

what will be difference from this version .though?

:: Innocence and Experience ::
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2002, 05:21:49 PM »

Well all known bugs we have reported we're aiming at fixing up (I think there of 4-5 left to fix).  We've also added a few features that we didn't have time to get into the very first release (custom titles, report to moderator, error log etc)

Matt Siegman
Super Duper Developer
YaBB God

Red Hot!

ICQ - 95930457 WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2002, 01:47:20 AM »

Package Manager is getting much nicer by the version :)

You should see my newest version :)

irbrian

I create. Therefore I am.

brian@inverse-reality.com WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2002, 05:48:54 PM »

I saw a rumor somewhere on this board, and I'm afraid I can't recall where exactly, that suggested that the Instant Message system would be improved.

Its not that I'm complaining about the Instant Message system... really, its not. Its just that I can't stand not knowing when I have unread messages. And I can see why "New Messages" has not yet been implemented: All IMs are displayed together in a thread-format.

It would be nice to be able to view all the messages from a single user in a thread format, as long as it was still possible to view new messages. But viewing ALL IMs together is also frustrating; I get a large number of Instant Messages on my board, which I must refer to regularly, and its virtually impossible to follow a single conversation when it is mixed in with about a dozen other conversations.

So, if there IS an update planned, or if there ever WILL be an overhaul to the IM system, here's what I'd propose:

1) TELL people when they have new messages, like in YaBB 1 Gold

2) Only display messages in a thread format which are from a single user. Or, IF this is impossible alongside the New Messages feature, then simply divide all messages up so that I can look at them one at a time.

Any chance of this?

Imparting great wisdom daily to those who will mistake my words as such.
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2002, 06:02:53 PM »

Just a pet peeve of mine - people are so lazy ;)

I KNOW how many messages I have and I also have email notification on so when I have a new IM, I get an email...

irbrian

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2002, 09:07:33 PM »

Perhaps some of us are somewhat more forgetful than you, Jeff. ;) Not to mention get lost easier reading through all those posts in one long thread.

My question being, do you happen to know of any planned updates or Mods or Packages or ANYTHING that makes things easier for us simpler minded folk?

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2002, 09:21:40 PM »

I haven't heard of anything.  Christian would have to comment on the new IM system.  Why don't you set your IM preferences to send you an email when you get a new IM?

John R
PHP Challenged
Global Moderator

Click, Click, Click, Bang!

ICQ - 3166233codehammer@thevortex.com
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2002, 02:58:21 AM »

If you version of this board doesn't tell you when you have IM's, then I must have a very modified version of this board cause when I have IM's it says so.  Doesn't specify if they are new or now but it does say I have them.

cheers.........

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!

Note: I do not acknowledge support requests via PM, MSN or ICQ, please use the support boards.
irbrian

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2002, 05:33:49 PM »

Quote from: John R on January 08, 2002, 02:58:21 AMDoesn't specify if they are new or now but it does say I have them.

In my messages I was referring specifically to the fact that it doesn't say when I have NEW messages, and that I don't know which of all my messages are new or not. Thanks anyway.

QuoteWhy don't you set your IM preferences to send you an email when you get a new IM?

If I'm going to use E-Mail, why bother with the IM system at all? :P I despise having my E-mail inbox cluttered with notification emails even more than I despise having it cluttered with board-related messages. Thats what the IM is for.

Someone did mention the idea of having YaBB SE send *ONE* E-MAIL every so often, like once a day or whatever, that lists all your new mail. I don't know how exactly this would work since PHP is not really designed to execute timed events, but it would be a decent TEMPORARY workaround.

Ultimately, the best IM system I've ever seen in any Forum software was the Advanced IM mod for YaBB 1 Gold. If anyone were to convert this I'd be a happy camper.

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2002, 05:37:03 PM »

Different strokes for different folks some poor soul once said.

Quite frankly if I ever start to NOT remember what messages I've read, someone admit me to hospital.

I'm sure an advanced IM mod would be nice for some people.

irbrian

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2002, 05:54:54 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Lewis on January 08, 2002, 05:37:03 PMQuite frankly if I ever start to NOT remember what messages I've read, someone admit me to hospital.

I suppose I ought to clarify and say, its actually not so much that i forget which messages i've read, as that i forget which ones i've replied too. And its annoying to have to remember the exact total count of messages the last time I checked for new ones, so that I know whether or not its worth my time to go to my IM inbox.

QuoteI'm sure an advanced IM mod would be nice for some people.

Yep. And I still keep hearing rumors that one is in production.. but never confirmed. *Sigh*

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2002, 06:46:02 PM »

Yep sorry that we're trying to code a lot at once ;)

Greybrow
Noobie

Gaareogorde hork kerek

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2002, 11:04:33 AM »

I didn't know where to put it, so...

In YaBB SE 1.1 Subs.php line 510
change
"'<ul>'.listitems(stripslashes('\\1')).'</ul>'",
to
"'<ul>'.str_replace('
  • ','<li>',stripslashes('\\1')).'</ul>'",

because function listitems does not exist, so all thread is gone after inserting list... :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  Modifying source code... « previous - next »