Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 19, 2024, 08:12:18 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  FAQ  |  How do I integrate YaBB into my PHP website? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: How do I integrate YaBB into my PHP website?  (Read 161675 times)
andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

Re:How do I integrate YaBB into my PHP website?
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2003, 03:54:46 AM »

Quote from: eight17 on February 03, 2003, 03:14:03 AMWHAT?!?  >:( ;D

I can put php code inside the template? Seriously? That would solve everything! I will give it a shot and let you know.

Make sure you embed the php code like this:

<?php ... ?>

eight17
Noobie

A monster ate my llama... was it YOU?!?

webmaster@eightseventeen.com WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2003, 07:32:55 PM »

Thanks for the tip. It's working almost just fine. But now I have another - yet smaller - problem.

I have attached a stylesheet document within the template, and I know it's working because some of the styles get applied. However, some of them don't; namely, it seems, font sizes. I have a "title" class that is only applying the color, letter-spacing, and font-family but not the font-size attribute. Same for a "fineprint" class I have.

What's the deal? is there another way I should set the font sizes? I wouldn't think there would be a difference.

To see the page, follow this link: http://www.eightseventeen.com/ssp/forum/. The menu bar font size, the "Sun Spot Phorum" title, and the copyright text at the bottom of the page are all the wrong sizes!

While we're at it  ;), you may notice that the first visit to the page gives a blank page. You have to hit "refresh" to make the page load. What causes that?

Thanks for all the help! Everyone!
andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2003, 10:55:14 PM »

Check that all classes you are using are defined in the css ssection (for example the class "smallText") and that you use that class ore another defined one everywhere.

eight17
Noobie

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2003, 12:08:28 AM »

It's all defined correctly. I've triple-checked it, and it works everywhere else. Even inline styles like this don't work:
<tag style="font-size:16px;">text</tag>

Does YaBB do something unusual to the code or display the page in a non-traditional manner? How does that template-thing work, that it would partially ignore inline styles?
irbrian

I create. Therefore I am.

brian@inverse-reality.com WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2003, 06:11:38 PM »

This probably has absolutely nothing to do with it, but have you tried using pt instead of px for your font size units? Sixteen pixels comes out to roughly 12pt text at the standard text resolution..

I can't think of any reason font-size style defs alone should be ignored while others are rendered properly.

Imparting great wisdom daily to those who will mistake my words as such.
Dude
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2003, 06:46:26 PM »

Two things. First the blank page is a bug in 1.5.0 and maybe 1.5.1 earlier versions. ??? You probably should upgrade or look for the fix in the bugs board.

If you are trying to change the font size in the board description (Please read this first if you are new to the Sun Spot Phorum. ) be aware the sizes are hard coded in the php file(s). You need to go thru boardindex.php, messageindex.php and display.php and take out all the font tags before your class will take effect. And then you will need to go thru a lot more for things like the im's profile, stats. etc.

nice looking board btw. Like the way you've integrated the colors with the site's scheme. :) Even your ads look like they belong.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 06:47:55 PM by old dan » Logged
eight17
Noobie

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2003, 12:02:15 AM »

Okay, I fixed the CCS problem. It didn't like the styles shorthand {font: normal bold 12px} but did accept the "normal" syntax {font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold}.

What is a good fix for the blank page bug, or do I have to wait until a new version comes out?

P.S. Thanks for the complement! ;D  I just wish I had the rest of the site as close to being ready for launch as the forum is!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 12:04:37 AM by eight17 » Logged
Dude
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2003, 08:59:07 AM »

Quote from: eight17 on February 06, 2003, 12:02:15 AM
Okay, I fixed the CCS problem. It didn't like the styles shorthand {font: normal bold 12px} but did accept the "normal" syntax {font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold}.

What is a good fix for the blank page bug, or do I have to wait until a new version comes out?

P.S. Thanks for the complement! ;D  I just wish I had the rest of the site as close to being ready for launch as the forum is!

don't know about the blank page fix. sorry, I am still running 1.4.1 There's a thead in the News Board about the latest version. I would imagine the blank page bug has been fixed.
marcnyc

I'm a llama!

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2003, 03:32:34 AM »

I have only read the very first, the second and the last two or three posts in this forum but I would like to offer you my two cents... I had the same problem (succesfully integrating YaBB SE into my PHP site using my header, footer, functions, sidebar menus etc)... After some help from BigP and lots of testing I simply found out the following things that you might wanna know about:

1. you can put php code in the template BUT...
2. ...you must use require instead of include or include_once when including header or footer codes or other things
3. ...you must make the variables that you are gonna use in your page's extra-yabb content global at the very beginning of the template. Even if you normally wouldn't do this on a normal non-yabb page with yabb you must do so to have your functions() working properly when called from within the Yabb template.
4. Finally you have to remember that YaBB SE already uses functions by the name of footer(); (I know that for sure and had to change my entire site around to avoid coflicts and errors) and maybe header(); too (I am not sure about that, not tested) so if you use functions with those names you will have to rename them in your entire site or create a duplicate with a different name in your main include file where you have all the functions...

That's just form my own experience. If you wanna see how I integrated the board successfully into my site preserving all of my site's headers, footers, functions and sidebars check out my forum at http://www.chaindlk.org/forum

bye
mirepup
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:How do I integrate YaBB into my Php website?
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2003, 11:48:12 PM »

Someone posted a question a while ago about not only integrating YABB SE with your site, but an existing DB of users.

I am hoping to set up a site like that as well. It will have areas that only members will have access to. The question is, is it better to use the YABBSE logins and extend the table to include custom fields, or have a separate login for my site, and bypass/integrate with YABB?

Anybody have any examples, thoughts or comments?
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2003, 12:40:30 AM »

I've always chosen to use the same login, but with a new member table. (joined by way of ID_MEMBER.)

This way, I can upgrade with little problems.

-[Unknown]
Asterik
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2003, 12:35:26 AM »

In my sub.php... theres nothing close 2 what ur sayin  :o  :-\
Jepa
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2003, 01:41:13 AM »

Hi All,

Looks great but I would have to agree with Asterik.  My obExit() function looks like this:

function obExit()

{

@ob_end_flush();
   exit;

}

And that is it.  My subs.php version is:

Subs.php YaBB SE 1.5.1

Any help would be helpful

Thanks,

Jepa
andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2003, 07:58:32 AM »

Yes for 1.5.4 you have to adapt it a litte but it still works.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  FAQ  |  How do I integrate YaBB into my PHP website? « previous - next »