Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 25, 2024, 08:30:07 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  PHP Portals... will it.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: PHP Portals... will it....  (Read 165347 times)
pureLuxus
Re:PHP Portals... will it....
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2001, 03:45:01 AM »

nice topic pls intigrate yabb se into postnuke ..  postnuke is definatly the best _free_ content management system .. many develophers make it better every day.. phpnuke = one man project .. phpwebsite is good too but postnuke is better for sure ;) so pls work together on a postnuke yabbse module ;)
dgodfrey

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2001, 06:18:01 AM »

I have not tried Post-Nuke personally, but I really like PHPWebsite, except for a slight problem with extra spacing in some of the blocks (which I can live with for now).  It has more add-ons and mods that are useful to me than what I could find available for phpnuke or postnuke either one.  The only integration I really need is one user account for both YaBB SE and PHPWebsite.

Derek  :)
Spawn
Noobie

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2001, 04:50:48 PM »

Quote from: ßlãçkÐëâth on December 22, 2001, 06:33:09 AMi heard postnuke uses alot of resources and where did you get the win XP theme give me your site link please

No that is not true. I read many times that phpnuke uses alot of resources while postnuke is easy on the server.
Sevon
Noobie

I have tried YabbSE twice and to no avail!

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2001, 09:18:53 PM »

I prefer PHPNuke over postnuke, whoever is doing that consider there are more phpnuke users than postnuke users I believe.
NewRaven
Noobie

What about me?

ICQ - 46801342 WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2001, 03:04:38 AM »

Quote from: Sevon on December 27, 2001, 09:18:53 PMI prefer PHPNuke over postnuke, whoever is doing that consider there are more phpnuke users than postnuke users I believe.

Right :) And a nice feeling to know, that I'm not the only one here. ;)

@Spawn

Thats not true, too. Postnuke requires the same lot of resources than PHPNuke. And both are not really easy on the server.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2001, 03:05:27 AM by NewRaven » Logged

Dream what you want to dream, be what you want to be, do what you want to do, because you have only one chance and one life to do all the things you want to do!
John R
PHP Challenged
Global Moderator

Click, Click, Click, Bang!

ICQ - 3166233codehammer@thevortex.com
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2001, 07:36:20 AM »

When I first started playing with PostNuke, I was still using an old P75 box running Win95/Apache/PHP/MySQL and never had any problems with system resources.  In fact, most users had difficulty believing me when I told them what the system consisted of.

Yes, PHPNuke is nice but it has one developer while PostNuke has many developers that contribute to it's growth.

Personally, I use PostNuke and find that it meets my needs and then some.

cheers...........

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!

Note: I do not acknowledge support requests via PM, MSN or ICQ, please use the support boards.
NewRaven
Noobie

What about me?

ICQ - 46801342 WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2001, 10:57:02 AM »

Quote from: John R on December 28, 2001, 07:36:20 AMWhen I first started playing with PostNuke, I was still using an old P75 box running Win95/Apache/PHP/MySQL and never had any problems with system resources.  In fact, most users had difficulty believing me when I told them what the system consisted of.

Yes, PHPNuke is nice but it has one developer while PostNuke has many developers that contribute to it's growth.

Personally, I use PostNuke and find that it meets my needs and then some.

cheers...........

ONE Nuke System should also run on a 486 DX 2/66, but most hoster have more than one user who run a system like that...

Yes, everybody says that postnuke is better cause many people work on it together... I don't think so... Postnuke is not bad... but it's even no better than the original...

Dream what you want to dream, be what you want to be, do what you want to do, because you have only one chance and one life to do all the things you want to do!
Big Bensch
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2001, 08:20:11 PM »

Quote from: NewRaven on December 28, 2001, 03:04:38 AM
Quote from: Sevon on December 27, 2001, 09:18:53 PMI prefer PHPNuke over postnuke, whoever is doing that consider there are more phpnuke users than postnuke users I believe.

Right :) And a nice feeling to know, that I'm not the only one here. ;)

@Spawn

Thats not true, too. Postnuke requires the same lot of resources than PHPNuke. And both are not really easy on the server.

Hey Guy's I'm using Postnuke but today, i'm going to deliete Postnuke and I'm going to install Php nuke, cuz Postnuke go some ***king bugs

Plz make one for PHPnuke

my portal/homepage with postnuke & YaBB se is here

http://www.bigbensch.com
Surfer
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2001, 11:37:34 PM »

Big Bensch,

Your site seems extremely slow and I have DSL.  I am not sure which of these portals seems better, but the one with the best support team seems like the best to team with.  Secondly, let us know when you get PHP Nuke up, because if it were any slower loading I would scrap the whole idea.  Most surfers would probably never let the page finish loading at that rate.
Big Bensch
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2001, 02:08:03 AM »

Quote from: Surfer on December 28, 2001, 11:37:34 PMBig Bensch,

Your site seems extremely slow and I have DSL.  I am not sure which of these portals seems better, but the one with the best support team seems like the best to team with.  Secondly, let us know when you get PHP Nuke up, because if it were any slower loading I would scrap the whole idea.  Most surfers would probably never let the page finish loading at that rate.

Hello Surfer!

plz call me BigBensch  ;) :)

I installed php nuke and you can see it here

http://bensch.bigbensch.com/

sorry for the ad, i'm to lazyt to remove it, cuz its only for testing.

tomorrow (or today (it's 3.01 am ;) )

I'm going to make it on the same standart, with the same posts and so on :)
Razgo

Dance with the Beat

ICQ - 144284881 WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2001, 08:41:33 AM »

Ok for all those intereseted...
between dllsrc and myself...

there has been an agreement to kick start a project of intergrating postnuke with yaBBSE and further discussions are in progress.
and will let you know when it comes out of "air" stage and into alpha, kind of like a pre -alpha stage  ;D

it will happen. not over night but it will happen  ;D

oh and so far we have decided to stick with postnuke 0.6.4 as it is a stable version. then move onto PN next stable release.

Shoeb Omar
Disciple of Joe
YaBB God

The shrub demands war. I don't. The world doesn't.

ICQ - 69234983clickopedia@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2001, 02:03:55 PM »

Quote from: Razgo on December 29, 2001, 08:41:33 AMOk for all those intereseted...
between dllsrc and myself...

there has been an agreement to kick start a project of intergrating postnuke with yaBBSE and further discussions are in progress.
and will let you know when it comes out of "air" stage and into alpha, kind of like a pre -alpha stage  ;D

it will happen. not over night but it will happen  ;D

oh and so far we have decided to stick with postnuke 0.6.4 as it is a stable version. then move onto PN next stable release.

damn it..
i use .7 - but maybe it would work for that also?
have u got anywhere where we can see progress ? ;)

thanks for trying this guys! let me know if i can be of any assistance!

Omario

"If we all practice an eye for an eye, pretty soon the whole world will be blind" - Gandhi

We need to start listening to advocates of peace in oder to advance society. We have not grown from the prehistoric barbarians we once were.  Will society ever mature?
Razgo

Dance with the Beat

ICQ - 144284881 WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2001, 02:27:41 PM »

Quotedamn it..
i use .7 - but maybe it would work for that also?
have u got anywhere where we can see progress ?

thanks for trying this guys! let me know if i can be of any assistance!

no where to see progress yet as we have just been discussing it at this point. I hope to hear from dllsrc over the next few hours. as with xmass and everything things have been in slow mode :)

the main reason for looking at PN 0.6.4 is that it is stable. where as the .702 is still alpha as far as I know so there may be lots of changes to come in that release.

but like I say, as soon as I hear from dllsrc again I hope to have more info. and hopefully a forum set up.

and yes we will be sure to ask for assistance.

John R
PHP Challenged
Global Moderator

Click, Click, Click, Bang!

ICQ - 3166233codehammer@thevortex.com
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2001, 03:50:44 PM »

Obviously you haven't read much about Postnuke if you think that the Mutant 0.6.4 is the most stable version.  I have been using Rogue since the Preview and that was the only time Rogue was in Alpha, it has been stable since .0.7.1 and with the release of 0.7.2 it is even better as it cleaned up many previous bugs that still exist in the Mutant 0.6.4 release.

cheers..........
« Last Edit: December 30, 2001, 02:47:33 PM by John R » Logged

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!

Note: I do not acknowledge support requests via PM, MSN or ICQ, please use the support boards.
dgodfrey

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2001, 04:23:41 PM »

I still want someone to talk with ASU and see if they can integrate with PHPWebsite  :'(

I have had many good comments about PHPWebsite (my site using it).

Thanks,

Derek
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  PHP Portals... will it.... « previous - next »