Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 24, 2024, 11:11:49 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  PHP Portals... will it.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: PHP Portals... will it....  (Read 165339 times)
Shoeb Omar
Disciple of Joe
YaBB God

The shrub demands war. I don't. The world doesn't.

ICQ - 69234983clickopedia@hotmail.com WWW
Re:PHP Portals... will it....
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2001, 10:55:17 PM »

i haven't looked up more yet - didnt know it had pms! but i checked and phpbb managed to integrate there's ;)
i dont really knwo php but i am willing to learn and help anyone who undertakes this feat :)

"If we all practice an eye for an eye, pretty soon the whole world will be blind" - Gandhi

We need to start listening to advocates of peace in oder to advance society. We have not grown from the prehistoric barbarians we once were.  Will society ever mature?
Ben_S
Disciple of Joe
Support Team
YaBB God

I Love YaBB SE!

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2001, 12:39:19 AM »

Some form of integration with phpnuke would be great, I use nuke on my site and YaBB and getting people to sign up for both is a bit silly :s.

Use of the same usersDB would be like all my christmas's in one  ;D.
Shoeb Omar
Disciple of Joe
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2001, 12:40:32 AM »

at the min im neutral to either nuke's ;)

"If we all practice an eye for an eye, pretty soon the whole world will be blind" - Gandhi

We need to start listening to advocates of peace in oder to advance society. We have not grown from the prehistoric barbarians we once were.  Will society ever mature?
Ben_S
Disciple of Joe
Support Team
YaBB God

I Love YaBB SE!

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2001, 12:50:30 AM »

The member details should be fairly similar on php and postnuke seeing as postnuke is basically a modified phpnuke.
andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2001, 03:11:54 AM »

QuoteThe member details should be fairly similar on php and postnuke seeing as postnuke is basically a modified phpnuke.
Thats what I am supposing, too. If done for postnuke, it should work on phpnuke, too. Some weeks ago, when doing some test installations, the postnuke database was equal to phpnuke database rel. 6.4.

John R
PHP Challenged
Global Moderator

Click, Click, Click, Bang!

ICQ - 3166233codehammer@thevortex.com
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2001, 02:19:21 AM »

PostNuke is as different from PHPNuke as a volkswagon is to a cadillac with the Rogue .7 release.  Yes it was quite simular looking with the Mutant .64 release but the code is much different.  Many of the Modules that worked with the Mutant release will not work with the Rogue release due to the many changes in the code.  

I have the .sql file that phpBB uses to alter the rogue database during integration if it would be of any help.  I personally would rather have a YaBB forum so any help I can give you would be to my benefit.

cheers..........

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!

Note: I do not acknowledge support requests via PM, MSN or ICQ, please use the support boards.
Shoeb Omar
Disciple of Joe
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2001, 02:24:24 AM »

bump!
aanyone gonna take the challenge? ;)

andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2001, 08:35:32 AM »

Quote from: John R on December 08, 2001, 02:19:21 AMPostNuke is as different from PHPNuke as a volkswagon is to a cadillac with the Rogue .7 release.  Yes it was quite simular looking with the Mutant .64 release but the code is much different.  Many of the Modules that worked with the Mutant release will not work with the Rogue release due to the many changes in the code.  

I have the .sql file that phpBB uses to alter the rogue database during integration if it would be of any help.  I personally would rather have a YaBB forum so any help I can give you would be to my benefit.

cheers..........
I took a look at the rogue version, it seems that the user database has changed. Authors and admins are now in the user database, with special permission settings. Could you send me that .sql file that phpBB uses to alter the rogue database? You can send it to [email protected]

Slav
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2001, 06:39:04 AM »

Yes wondering if ican get that sql file also
[email protected]
andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2001, 10:24:13 PM »

Thanks for sending the file, John.
However now I understand (didnt know yet when asking for the .sql file, I'm on beginner level in php): one does not need this phpBB file, since we dont have to make a .sql file for the integration. YaBB SE will have an own .sql file. With that you can create the YaBB tables within any database that is already existing, within postnuke or whatever you want. With the YaBB SE installer, you can even change the prefix of the tables.

The more difficult part is to let the postnuke and the YaBB use the same users, passwords, etc.

John R
PHP Challenged
Global Moderator

Click, Click, Click, Bang!

ICQ - 3166233codehammer@thevortex.com
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2001, 02:44:19 PM »

Yes, as it is you can use YaBB SE with PostNuke but it would be with 2 different logins, 1 for the Forum and the othet for PostNuke.  In order to achive true integration the Member data file definations would have to be changed so that the 2 different pieces of software could interact with each other by having common data.

Actually, YaBB SE does not have a SQL file as that function is taken care of by the install.php to make things easier for new users or people that are not php programmers.  I was able to create a SQL file for YaBB SE but I don't think that it will be included in the distrabution.

cheers.........

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!

Note: I do not acknowledge support requests via PM, MSN or ICQ, please use the support boards.
andrea
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Peace on Earth

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2001, 02:55:34 PM »

Quote from: John R on December 13, 2001, 02:44:19 PMYes, as it is you can use YaBB SE with PostNuke but it would be with 2 different logins, 1 for the Forum and the othet for PostNuke.  In order to achive true integration the Member data file definations would have to be changed so that the 2 different pieces of software could interact with each other by having common data.

Actually, YaBB SE does not have a SQL file as that function is taken care of by the install.php to make things easier for new users or people that are not php programmers.  I was able to create a SQL file for YaBB SE but I don't think that it will be included in the distrabution.

cheers.........
1st. With the installer you could first install the YaBB SE in an already existing db, for instance a postnuke. 2nd. Furthermore I suppose that the .sql file will be still in the distribution verseion, because this is somehow the state of the art.

Of course the matter is to integrate the user files. But more. Not only the logins, also the IM's, the search and more. See above.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2001, 02:56:59 PM by andrea » Logged

Shoeb Omar
Disciple of Joe
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2001, 05:20:54 PM »

http://mods.postnuke.com/ <- you mightwanna post there aswell?

dgodfrey

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2001, 09:32:43 PM »

Great topic guys!  I would like PHPWebsite to be considered for portal integration.  It is a great little package and uses a lot of Nuke like stuff, but is very easy to administer and you can put standard html in the blocks, almost like programming PHP code in an HTML editor, or even in notepad...with html tags, instead of PHP code.  It is actually an XHTML output!

You can find this portal and its info at: http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu.

Aside from that, myPHPNuke is a good portal that I can use if I have to.  My current plan, however, is to just add a link in my menu (on phpwebsite) to YaBBSE and they will just have to re-enter their info, as it will open in a new window and they can go back to the main site by closing the YaBB window.

My test site using phpwebsite can be found here: http://www.grace-pentecostal.org
Thanks,

Derek    :D
NewRaven
Noobie

What about me?

ICQ - 46801342 WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2001, 05:43:52 AM »

Seems, I'm the only who thinks phpnuke is better than postnuke (I've tested both a long time). Whatever...

Two Ideas:

1. It would be a good start to make a (RSS/RDF) backend to YaBB SE so all phpnuke and postnuke users can include the Topics and last threads and so on from the board to the portal.

2. those guys who will take the challenge should take a look on the Tables (the SQL - File) of a PHP-Nuke and a Postnuke. Without this - nothing goes. For example: PHP-Nuke saves the Users in the Table nuke_users and YaBB SE in yabbse_members! So YaBB SE must read this from the Nuke-Tables and the registered Nuke-Users should also registered into YaBB SE...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2001, 05:45:42 AM by NewRaven » Logged

Dream what you want to dream, be what you want to be, do what you want to do, because you have only one chance and one life to do all the things you want to do!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  PHP Portals... will it.... « previous - next »