Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 25, 2024, 11:49:46 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Timeout Problem?? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Timeout Problem??  (Read 6812 times)
TurboXS
Noobie

Debian - Linux ist nicht gleich Linux!!

Timeout Problem??
« on: December 23, 2001, 12:39:10 PM »

Hi there,

I am running an YaBB Gold SP1 on my F2S Server and everything works like a charm.

Second I installed the YaBB SE onto IONICHOST.COM and even that worked great. However if I want to convert my old board into the SE one I get errors concerning the files in /Variables (Yes I chmodded it 777) and I get errors about SAFEMODE and TIMOUT Probs.

it says in STEP 3 that it converted some stuff right but VARIABLE BLA BLA BLA

afterwards it tries on STEP 4 for hours

Can you help me?

TurboXS

TurboXS
Noobie

Re:Timeout Problem??
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2001, 07:23:33 PM »

Hi,

this is what I get:

Warning: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 26
Converting Settings...

Purging the database as per request...
instant_messages purged
members purged
categories purged
boards purged
topics purged
messages purged
membergroups purged

Warning: Unable to access /web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/agreement.txt in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 244

Warning: file("/web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/agreement.txt") - No such file or directory in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 244

Warning: Unable to access /web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/censor.txt in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 245

Warning: file("/web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/censor.txt") - No such file or directory in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 245

Warning: Unable to access /web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/membergroups.txt in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 246

Warning: file("/web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/membergroups.txt") - No such file or directory in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 246

Warning: Unable to access /web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/news.txt in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 247

Warning: file("/web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/news.txt") - No such file or directory in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 247

Warning: Unable to access /web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/oldestmes.txt in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 248

Warning: file("/web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/oldestmes.txt") - No such file or directory in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 248

Warning: Unable to access /web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/reserve.txt in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 249

Warning: file("/web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/reserve.txt") - No such file or directory in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 249

Warning: Unable to access /web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/reservecfg.txt in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 250

Warning: file("/web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/reservecfg.txt") - No such file or directory in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 250

Warning: Bad arguments to implode() in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 254

Warning: Bad arguments to implode() in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 255
Editing table (settings). Setting agreement=..
Editing table (settings). Setting news=..
Editing table (settings). Setting maxdays=..
Editing table (reserved_names). Setting matchword=0..
Editing table (reserved_names). Setting matchcase=0..
Editing table (reserved_names). Setting matchuser=0..
Editing table (reserved_names). Setting matchname=0..

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 295

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 307

Please help me anyone?

TurboXS
« Last Edit: December 23, 2001, 07:24:36 PM by TurboXS » Logged

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2001, 07:24:53 PM »

Don't worry abou the timeout warning, it's just letting you know that it can't set the time limit to unlimited because of safe mode.  Have you downloaded the safe mode package?

TurboXS
Noobie

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2001, 07:33:27 PM »

yes i am running the safe mode install package on my server. But what about the probs with my variables?

turboXS

TurboXS
Noobie

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2001, 07:48:05 PM »

next question, what is this? Is he ready or does he want any input or what? (STEP 4 is shown above!!!!!!)

Warning: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /users/iwebland.com/bboard/board/converter.php on line 26
We are now going to attempt to convert your member data files.

He already seemed to work on anything, my computer worked!!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2001, 08:07:26 PM by TurboXS » Logged

Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2001, 08:42:45 PM »

HUH? Are you carrying on a conversation with yourself there?

Make sure your paths are correct for the old files that you're trying to convert.

TurboXS
Noobie

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2001, 08:46:19 PM »

Hi,

I can say that my pathes are correct (BTW I hate these kinds of pathes).

However it has probs with the variables and it is stuck on STEP 4 (convert member data files)

TurboXS

P.S. If no one else talks to me, I have to talk to myself  ;D

EDIT: This is how it looks like afterwards, then nothing else happens. http://yawns.virtualave.net/avatar/Snapprob.jpg
« Last Edit: December 23, 2001, 09:01:05 PM by TurboXS » Logged

Joseph Fung
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Keep smiling: it makes others nervous.

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2001, 04:27:40 AM »

Quote from: TurboXS on December 23, 2001, 08:46:19 PMI can say that my pathes are correct (BTW I hate these kinds of pathes).

I'm sorry that I have to ask again, but are you absolutely, 100% positive those are correct?  I ask, as "/web/sites/349/win32asmnewbies/www.yawns.f2s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Variables/reserve.txt" looks like a very odd path..

TurboXS
Noobie

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2001, 09:36:08 AM »

well, starting the converter on a server prints out the current absolute folder (due to prob with timeout stuff). Therefore I just ran the converter.php on the f2s server and I got this folder.

It is the same on the IWEBLAND.COM Host. There I also get the specific folder and that is what I can look up on the IWEBLAND.COM Homepage. (as far as I know on F2S it is not written down)

The only thing I could do is upload my stuff on the same server as the PHP Board is on and then do a conversion of the fake board. Dunno if this works.

TurboXS  :D

adams

http://outersurf.com http://jadz.com

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2001, 06:27:05 AM »

I am doing a conversion from YaBB1Gold with one or two MODS done to it. I first  used tar to move my entire YaBB Gold dir to backup dir. I then chmod'd 777 the backup YaBB and installed YaBBSE succesfully and started the conversion.

I got some errors saying missing files... (which a few posts in this section say to not worry about and just continue). I then continue on the conversion where getting to /YaBBSE/converter.php?step=4 takes a very long long time but I check that thet httpd process is using 18% of the proccessor so I figure its parsing the GOLD posts and feeding it into the SQLdb. I then get to step=4 where it says no errors just "We are now going to attempt to convert your member data files." and then does nothing. (my internet explorer however chews up 272mB of mem and sits there).

I then checked in with myPHPadmin to see if any data was added. It didn't look like it. I tried forcing it to step=5 but again no luck.

Any ideas?

adams

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2001, 06:39:05 AM »

I guess I'm an idiot.

Found my mistake and the conversion happened in no time (certianly no timeout issues).

Beta testing for the next few days and then moving the board over as the main one. Great work YaBBSE team. Really great work.

TurboXS
Noobie

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2001, 09:59:33 AM »

QuoteI guess I'm an idiot.

Found my mistake and the conversion happened in no time (certianly no timeout issues).

Beta testing for the next few days and then moving the board over as the main one. Great work YaBBSE team. Really great work.

Now what ???

I hate it, when people have some probs and afterwards say "hehe, I found my mistake" This is a discussion board (in this case for problems) and no matter what you've done wrong, just post it, so that others may benefit from it. I am waiting some days now for anyone to help me with that f***ing converter probs and you are the only one who replies.
And I didn't say that I have a timout prob, I just guessed (that's why there is a question mark behind it)

So post your solution  >:(

TurboXS

Esa Isopahkala
Noobie

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2001, 10:04:05 PM »

I also have a timeout problem, part of my old board is not converted:

Warning: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /home/customers/matkap/public_html/foorumi/converter.php on line 26
We are now going to attempt to convert your message files. This may take a while.

Initializing member data for processing....Inserted category: general
  Inserted board: MATKAPUHELINFOORUMIN YLEISKESKUSTELU
  Inserted board: DATATUOTTEET JA NIIDEN KÄYTTÖ
  Inserted board: OPERAATTORIT
  Inserted board: PUHELINTORI

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 10 seconds exceeded in /home/customers/matkap/public_html/foorumi/converter.php on line 571
----

Edit: My isp temporarily removed time limit so I managed to convert my board.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2001, 12:01:29 PM by Esa Isopahkala » Logged

adams

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2001, 10:46:44 PM »

Well. My problem was that I did not have the correct path for my YaBB GOLD install directory. When I fixed my install directory the conversion took place in less than 2 seconds (its running on a 700MHz freeBSD system).

So me being an idiot was having the wrong path even though I thought I had checked it.

('chmod -R 777 /copyoforigyabbdir' too)

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Timeout Problem?? « previous - next »