Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 20, 2024, 09:14:53 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  New host and chmod « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: New host and chmod  (Read 2948 times)
Username
Noobie

I'm a llama!

New host and chmod
« on: March 15, 2004, 08:27:40 PM »

YaBB SE Version: 1.5.5
Server Platform: Unix, Linux, or BSD

Problem Description:
I've just signed up to a new host that I thought was a real bargain, and started trying to install my site.  Now, another user has told me, after a lot of attempting to install, that they do not allow you to chmod to 777, only 755?  ???  By doing this I got a board installed, but it wont function.  Is it worth pursuing it and trying to get a working install, or do I need a new host?  If I can get it working, will this affect any functions either on yabbse, or on simple machines when I upgrade?
Hort
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:New host and chmod
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 08:41:19 AM »

Hi,

I had the same problem, but when I chmodded everything else - apart from the 777s - to what was needed, and the 777 as 755, it was working.

I did get a login problem for a while, and wonder whether maybe that is related to this.
Username
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:New host and chmod
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 01:00:51 PM »

Thanks, I'll persevere with it then, took me ages to work out why my install wouldn't work tho  ;D
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  New host and chmod « previous - next »