Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 26, 2024, 08:23:54 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Limiting access to guests « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Limiting access to guests  (Read 3127 times)
Topspliff
Noobie

Ozric Tentacles

Limiting access to guests
« on: March 14, 2004, 06:11:25 PM »

YaBB SE Version: 1.5.2 to 1.5.4
PHP Version: 4.3.4

Problem Description:
I have the mod installed where the applicant has to be approved by admin, which works great.

However I was just trying some things today, and found a big oh oh.

If a guest is browing the site, if they click to IM a member, it says Instant Messaging is only for members

Which is fine, contact should not be allowed untill they are a member, however if they click on a persons name, up comes their profile, with the members email address.

Is there a mod to stop a profile being viewed, untill a guest has become a member.

Cheers Alan
Peter Duggan
Llama Chameleon
Global Moderator
YaBB God

You come and go...

Re:Limiting access to guests
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 08:28:19 PM »

Quote from: Topspliff on March 14, 2004, 06:11:25 PM
Is there a mod to stop a profile being viewed, untill a guest has become a member.

Dunno offhand, but:

1. I've posted code more than once to hide *all* email addresses from guests, so you might like to look for that.
2. Since you've also been online and asking about upgrades at the SMF forums (where the things you're looking to add are built in), how much do you really want/need this now?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 08:30:21 PM by Peter Duggan » Logged

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Limiting access to guests « previous - next »