Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 25, 2024, 02:24:17 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Graphics and Templates  |  Help needed with frame-bound Board « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Help needed with frame-bound Board  (Read 5646 times)
Hort
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Help needed with frame-bound Board
« on: March 13, 2004, 03:12:16 PM »

Hi,

I've a frame menu on my site, one single frame on the left ( ;) no need to discuss pro and cons of frames, I've my reasons for using that type of nav  :) ).

After quite a bit of fussing around I managed to create a template exactly like my other pages and set the menu to call up the yabbse board within the main frame. Table width (of the board) is set the same as for all pages, meaning 90%.

However, while every other page (including a variety of other script-generated tables and forms) behaves nicely and creates only a vertical scroll bar, yabbse insists on giving me two, one on the right and one horizontally below. The table is resizing properly, I see absolutely no reason why this should happen.

When I resize the yabbse as a stand-alone page outside the frameset it resizes *without* a horizontal scroll bar.

So why does it do that within it? Any ideas? I've been going over my code with a fine comb and I don't get it!

Thanks

Hort
Hort
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:Help needed with frame-bound Board
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 08:03:41 PM »

And hi again,

after a few more hours hunting thru the net, I finally discovered the reason, and solved the problem.

In case anyone else encounters it, here's the ken:

http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20020225/104213.html

I deleted the doctype line and indeed -- pronto -- no more scrollbar.  ;D
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Graphics and Templates  |  Help needed with frame-bound Board « previous - next »