Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 23, 2024, 03:11:53 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Two questions - Chmod at 755? And importing mysql databases. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Two questions - Chmod at 755? And importing mysql databases.  (Read 3012 times)
sosidge
Noobie

I'm an alpaca!

Two questions - Chmod at 755? And importing mysql databases.
« on: March 09, 2004, 09:55:01 PM »

YaBB SE Version: 1.5.5
PHP Version: 4.1.2
MySQL Version: 3.23.x
Server Platform: Unix, Linux, or BSD
Link to Forum: www.rc-direct.co.uk/forum

Problem Description:
Host is Webfusion/Host Europe

First question:

I was unable to run install.php with the recommended files at CHMOD 777 - a bit of guesswork led to CHMOD 755 making it work - I've read on the forum that others have had to do the same.

Is it undesirable to have the CHMOD at 755?  Should I modify the install somehow to get CHMOD 777 to work?

Second question:

How can I import a mysql database that the forum uses?  While running the forum on my home computer I built up a few threads and categories, I'd like to upload them to the host, but can't work out how.

Thanks.
Grudge
Global Moderator

Damn llama's don't like me :(

Re:Two questions - Chmod at 755? And importing mysql databases.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 11:12:43 PM »

If chmod 755 works chmod 77 should definetly work. 777 is the most open you can have access rights - and should be fine.

As far as importing goes. If you have phpmyadmin on BOTH installations, you can export the members, topics, boards and messages tables from one installation into the other and just do a statistic recount from the admin center. This assumes that your new forum is empty - as otherwise you may get conflicts in ID's
sosidge
Noobie

I'm an alpaca!

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 12:05:53 AM »

I have phpmyadmin on both, but I can't see how to export between.

When I click on "export" there is no indication where the database is going???  Do I have to do something with the "save as file" option???
Grudge
Global Moderator

Damn llama's don't like me :(

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 12:07:19 AM »

Yes, what you do is save it as a file (it will be a sql file).

Then, in the other database click import and select browse and upload the file you just exported form the other database.

Grudge
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Two questions - Chmod at 755? And importing mysql databases. « previous - next »