Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 29, 2024, 10:48:23 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  General Category  |  Feedback  |  Is it k to do free YaBB SE Installations « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Is it k to do free YaBB SE Installations  (Read 33843 times)
homie

I Love YaBB SE.

Is it k to do free YaBB SE Installations
« on: March 07, 2004, 10:51:03 PM »

Hi [Unkown] could you tell me if its ok if i can do free YaBB Installations for poeple for free

Peter Duggan
Llama Chameleon
Global Moderator
YaBB God

You come and go...

Re:Is it k to do free YaBB SE Installations
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 12:03:35 AM »

I'm not [Unknown] but, FWIW...

If you're installing YaBB SE for friends on *your* equipment, I can't see a problem with that, but IMHO you should stop offering to install it for strangers on *their* servers because:

1. You quite simply don't have the expertise to make sure it's all done properly.
2. It involves usernames and passwords that you shouldn't be asking for and I wouldn't recommend anyone to divulge this very sensitive information to you.

homie

I Love YaBB SE.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 12:08:53 AM »

but they could change password after words what if i had accounts for stranger for foums and they change passwords. and i had a free hosting company

« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 12:09:26 AM by homie » Logged

Peter Duggan
Llama Chameleon
Global Moderator
YaBB God

You come and go...

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 12:21:11 AM »

Changing passwords afterwards isn't the point, because you could do all kinds of damage why while you're there!

It's time to stop trying to play the team member, Homie, and time to stop dispensing all kinds of useless (and even dangerous) 'advice' in the help boards. Even experienced team members don't treat working with other people's accounts lightly, so for an inexperienced, unvetted newcomer like you to try setting yourself up in this way here is both asking for trouble and possibly even damaging the good reputation of those who have earned this position of trust!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 12:22:32 AM by Peter Duggan » Logged

homie

I Love YaBB SE.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 12:24:58 AM »

OK GOT IT :)

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  General Category  |  Feedback  |  Is it k to do free YaBB SE Installations « previous - next »