Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 24, 2024, 10:43:50 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  Option to not receive email from board? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Option to not receive email from board?  (Read 9355 times)
bluesyrio
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Option to not receive email from board?
« on: March 03, 2004, 02:06:24 PM »

Hello,

We've had a few members complaining that they don't want to receive emails from our board and accusing us(some of them) of spam.

Is there any possibility to place an option not to receive email in the profile so that there's a way they don't receive any email?

Thanks.
Chris Cromer
The Strange One
Mod Team
YaBB God

I am just a figment of your imagination.

Re:Option to not receive email from board?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 03:25:02 PM »

Well they can go into notifications and uncheck "Receive email notification when new Announcements" that will make it so announcements don't cause an e-mail to be sent... as for sending an e-mail via the admin center to all users... that would take a mod to do that.

Chris Cromer

I am not suffering from insanity, I am enjoying every minute of it.
bluesyrio
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 03:48:22 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't think we have "Announcements". Perhaps we should add it and start placing all our info there?

Is there then an "Announcements" Mod or did I miss it in our current board? :) We use 1.5.5.

Thanks.

Ok, I've found it in the admin, create boards. :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 03:54:47 PM by bluesyrio » Logged
bluesyrio
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 02:52:57 PM »

Well, we are not sure we want to implement an announcement board, so if anyone has any tips in how the board can be moded for instance... here's our kind request. :)

Does anyone know if SimpleMachines will have this option?
Shadow's Pawn
Support Team
YaBB God

ich soll nicht toten

ICQ - 8039201shadowpawn@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 01:58:27 AM »

What emails are they complaining about?  The emails that notify of private messages?  Or anything other than that?  Really, there aren't a lot of emails that get sent automatically by the board.

You can run a query to disable notification of private messages, then if people want to reenable that feature, they can do so.  You can also edit the code to make that feature disabled by default, as opposed to normal where it is enabled by default

As for notifications of replies to posts... well they have to specifically choose to get those, so they can't call those emails spam.

apologize \A*pol"o*gize\, v. i. - To lay the foundation for a future offense.
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  Option to not receive email from board? « previous - next »