Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 28, 2024, 10:08:32 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  Some Ideas I Have « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Some Ideas I Have  (Read 4954 times)
NeuroticNewb
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Some Ideas I Have
« on: February 25, 2004, 08:43:27 AM »

Hi guys, i have some ideas for a site i was making, which includes a yaBB SE forum. but iam a complete newbie when it comes to making, editing stuff. I have a few ideas, and would like someone to try too see if they can code it and so it works so i can try to install it in my site..

Idea 1 - Post Point - Rank

Just say if you reach a certain post point, eg. 100 ur rank is improved from newbie to novice... but what if you could choose what rank you want like... newbie to novice or gladiator or knight etc... a popup will appear asking you to choose and once u choose, u can see a new thread for the gladiators or knights etc....

Idea 2 - Honor System

This is an idea for a game iplay....  words honor will appear in your replying profile.. Honor and then an amount:  so like under karma, and posts u'll see honor, but only admins can fix it and add more honor eg..

Honor : 100 then an admin can change it to 200... hopefully, admins can click on Modify when viewing somones profile and add the honor much like  points system...

Idea 3 - Clans/Guilds/Groups

For RPG sites, a pic will appear under ur name in the rpely profile, with a pic of the guild you are in.... .. to get one of those pics u can apply and a mod can accept the applicant, then the clan pic will appear and the person will have acess to a few new threads relevant to the clan..

Idea 4 - Karma

Instead of  showing the karma ie. +3/-1 u show a word... eg Knight if u have +34 karma all up.. the word knight will show in reply profile.. if u have 20 peasant will appear etc...

I have more ideas but i dont have the time to post them yet... i hope someone who can help me with the coding for this ideas can help thnxs
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 08:46:40 AM by NeuroticNewb » Logged
NeuroticNewb
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:Some Ideas I Have
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 05:21:08 AM »

anyone???
homie

I Love YaBB SE.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 03:10:06 AM »

I Like that Idea

NeuroticNewb
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 09:41:51 AM »

cool. but any programers here who can do that sort of stuff?
Grudge
Global Moderator

Damn llama's don't like me :(

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 11:18:02 AM »

Hi,

Your ideas are quite nice (although not my type of thing I admidt). At the moment the boards are just a little dead as I think a lot of people are waiting for SMF. I'm sure if you repost this thread over at simplemachines.org once SMF is released (with a bit of time for mod writers to get to grips with it) you'll be more likely to find someone who would be willing to code it for you. It's not actually that hard to do and some bits are really easy (the karma thing for example) it's just a case of bad timing I think!

Grudge
oldiesmann
YaBB God

Jesus died for your sins... Have you thanked him?

oldiesmann@oldiesmann.us WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 07:23:11 PM »

I'll probably whip up a couple of these this weekend and then just convert them when SMF comes out (hopefully that will be real soon).

"I've sinned greatly, but Christ's for real, baby
It's a wonder He saved me and just didn't hate me
So won't you tell Him "Save me"
Please stand up, please stand up, please stand up..." - J. Jackson (More Info)
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  Some Ideas I Have « previous - next »