Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 25, 2024, 09:45:56 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  WorldMap/MemberMap recommendations? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: WorldMap/MemberMap recommendations?  (Read 9779 times)
rcmedia
Noobie

I'm a llama!

WorldMap/MemberMap recommendations?
« on: February 23, 2004, 01:04:03 AM »

Does anyone know of the best WorldMap/MemberMap mod available that is fairly simple to install on YaBB SE 1.5.4?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
oldiesmann
YaBB God

Jesus died for your sins... Have you thanked him?

oldiesmann@oldiesmann.us WWW
Re:WorldMap/MemberMap recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 02:52:21 AM »

http://www.yabbse.org/community/index.php?thread=17957

If you need help installing it, let me know.

"I've sinned greatly, but Christ's for real, baby
It's a wonder He saved me and just didn't hate me
So won't you tell Him "Save me"
Please stand up, please stand up, please stand up..." - J. Jackson (More Info)
rcmedia
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 03:17:41 AM »

Hi and thanks for the quick reply.

I'm very new to YABB SE mods... I feel kinda silly asking this but do I need to use the BoardMod program to install the MemberMap mod you recommended?

I couldn't find any instructions that came with the .zip file.

I should note that I am a experienced web developer so if you could possibly (please) give me a quick rundown on how to install it I should be able to follow along and execute the installation instructions.

Thanks so much for your time on this.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 03:18:48 AM by rcmedia » Logged
rcmedia
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 08:32:48 AM »

Hi again,

I used the manual step-by-step instructions via the newest version of BoardMod.exe to edit the PHP files and the english.lng file, and some things are working and there are no error messages yet.
I feel like a total novice but I have to say... I cannot figure out how to upload and implement the 2 .mod files.
I tried manually putting them into the 'Packages' folder on the server but nothing happened and they did'nt even show in my forum YaBBpak Center/Browse YaBBpaks area... So I then deleted those and tried to link to a folder on my server (that contained the 2 .mod files) via my forum YaBBpak Center/Download new YaBBpaks... and i got an error message when i did that so i removed the link and now I'm stuck.

All that works right now is the 'member map' button on the top menu and the maps themselves show when this button is selected. All the maps change according to selection from the drop menu properly.
But obviously there is no options in 'Profie' area yet and the Location field is now blank in 'Profile'.

Here is a link to the forum as it is right now with the partially functioning member map mod >>>>
http://www.rcmedia.net/mangini/forums/yabbse/index.php

Sorry for the mess and thanks for your help :)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 08:36:21 AM by rcmedia » Logged
oldiesmann
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 01:05:45 PM »

Sounds like you're getting a little confused. While Boardmod and the package server are similar features, they're not the same. If you run the mod with boardmod, you just need to upload the edited files to your server, then upload and run the dbmod file that comes with it to make the necessary database changes.

rcmedia
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 04:29:24 PM »

Hi and thanks for your fast replies (again!).
I'll try to tell you step by step what happened:

1)I put all the pertinent MemberMap files into my BoardMod (*version 2.5.3) Mods/YaBB SE 1.5.1 folder.
I figured this was the correct folder since I'm using YaBB SE 1.5.4 and this seemed to match it closest (*this could be where I went wrong?).
No problems yet at this point.

2) Then when I run BoardMod and select YABB SE 1.5.1 from the drop down list and locate index.php as required by BoardMod I indeed see MemberMap as a mod in the right vertical window.
Still no problems yet at this point.

3) then I select the MemberMap mod from that right side list and it installs fine up until Step #6 when it says >>>
Step 1 ... ok

Step 2 ... ok

Step 3 ... ok

Step 4 ... ok

Step 5 ... ok

Step 6 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found
At this point it is asking me to find and replace this chunk of code:
         SET $queryPasswdPart $customTitlePart realName='$member[name]', emailAddress='$member[email]', websiteTitle='$member[websitetitle]', websiteUrl='$member[websiteurl]', signature='$member[signature]', posts=$member[settings6], memberGroup='$member[settings7]', ICQ='$member[icq]', MSN='$member[msn]', AIM='$member[aim]', YIM='$member[yim]', gender='$member[gender]', personalText='$member[usertext]', avatar='$member[userpic]', $member[dr]location='$member[location]', birthdate='$member[bday]', lngfile='$member[language]', " . ($username == $member['user'] ? "memberIP='$memIP', " : '') . "timeFormat='$member[usertimeformat]', timeOffset=$timeOffest, secretQuestion='$member[secretQuestion]', secretAnswer='$member[secretAnswer]', hideEmail=$hideEmail$karmaStr

With this chunk of code:

SET $queryPasswdPart $customTitlePart realName='$member[name]', emailAddress='$member[email]', websiteTitle='$member[websitetitle]', websiteUrl='$member[websiteurl]', signature='$member[signature]', posts=$member[settings6], memberGroup='$member[settings7]', ICQ='$member[icq]', MSN='$member[msn]', AIM='$member[aim]', YIM='$member[yim]', gender='$member[gender]', personalText='$member[usertext]', avatar='$member[userpic]', birthdate='$member[bday]', lngfile='$member[language]', " . ($username == $member['user'] ? "memberIP='$memIP', " : '') . "timeFormat='$member[usertimeformat]', timeOffset=$timeOffest, secretQuestion='$member[secretQuestion]', secretAnswer='$member[secretAnswer]', hideEmail=$hideEmail$karmaStr

>>>>It does this every time I try that way to install... so I tried to do it manually and actually found the bit of code it said it couldn't find (above) and replaced it manually... but I've got a member map that only partially works now.

Sorry for the beginner questions.

Thanks again.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 04:33:37 PM by rcmedia » Logged
rcmedia
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 06:13:51 PM »

This morning I tried again and still nothing... this time I took into account what you said about the mod files in your last post. So I slowly and methodically went through the entire manual installation process again... this time uploading each changed file to see if that was the problem source (*of course I left up my modified files from yesterday so everything would work if i corrected the problem somehow).

The main thing I notice is that the 'LOCATION' field in 'PROFILE' is missing entirely (except for the text title that says 'Location'... nothing after that...no field to enter your city or country, no drop down for flags etc, no map link etc., etc.

I've been through every line of code using the manual BoardMod installation instructions, which i followed to the letter twice and still nothing. I'm really stuck now!

If you have time go here http://www.rcmedia.net/mangini/forums/yabbse/index.php and start a dummy member account and you'll see what I mean in your member 'Profile' area.

thanks yet again.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 06:15:57 PM by rcmedia » Logged
oldiesmann
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 07:11:04 PM »

That's not a bug. The mod removes that field and sets it according to the location the member has set on the membermap. If you would like to have a seperate location field, go download the zip file again (if you don't still have it) and install mm_location.mod. Then, upload the modified profile.php and upload and run mm_location_dbmod.php. This will set the location field back the way it was and create a seperate field for storing the membermap location info.

rcmedia
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2004, 04:42:15 AM »

Hi,

I made the changes and uploaded the file you mentioned in your last post (mm_location_dbmod.php) and now the Location field has returned to the user edit profile area which is awesome.

But...
I feel stupid saying this (because of my inexperience with this) but the location field is still missing from the view profile area.

My main concern is that I still can't seem to be able to figure out how to add a pin to those maps.
I know i must be missing something simple here... there are no error messages, the maps display properly(*minus the pins/locations) and the location field has re-appeared in edit profile.... but I can't see anywhere in edit profile etc. where you would pull a drop down list/press a button or link etc. to add a pin for your location on the maps.

PS - We really truly appreciate your help with this.
We can't say that enough!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 04:42:59 AM by rcmedia » Logged
oldiesmann
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2004, 04:54:42 PM »

Let me come out to your board and register so I can provide support at that end.

As for the help - no problem. I enjoy doing it.

oldiesmann
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2004, 04:58:52 PM »

Ok. Looks like something got messed up along the way. Contact me on your board and I'll see what I can do.

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  WorldMap/MemberMap recommendations? « previous - next »