Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 20, 2024, 04:24:46 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Stuck on step 2 (create directory) « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Stuck on step 2 (create directory)  (Read 2633 times)
RobDownSouth
Noobie

Excellence In Elocution

Stuck on step 2 (create directory)
« on: December 22, 2001, 02:44:46 PM »

okay, I have the install fired up and it is telling me to create a directory /home/myname/www/yabbse and then it never finds it,

I have tried creating this off the root dir, off the www dir and off the cgi-bin dir, and have chmod'ed everything to 777, any clue as to what I am doing wrong?
Jay Silverman

And So It Begins.

ICQ - 213566 WWW
Re:Stuck on step 2 (create directory)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2001, 02:48:30 PM »

Make the directory before you use the installer, whatever you want to call it, wherever you want (but outside of the cgi-bin).  Than, put the absolute path of that directory when the installer asks you.  

I'm not exactly sure what you were doing, but it seems like you were either using an invalid path completely in the installer or just creating the wrong directory?
Jay Silverman

And So It Begins.

ICQ - 213566 WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2001, 02:57:55 PM »

For the future if others are having the same problem, the problem was just that he was creating " /home/myname/www/yabbse" instead of just yabbse in his /www/ folder.
RobDownSouth
Noobie

Excellence In Elocution

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2001, 02:58:46 PM »

Okay, I worked with Jay on this offline. I simply created a single yabbse directory off the existing www directory, chmoded it to 777 and all was right with the world!

Thanks Jay!
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Stuck on step 2 (create directory) « previous - next »