Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 29, 2024, 06:22:09 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  Save all... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Save all...  (Read 33064 times)
Joseph Fung
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Keep smiling: it makes others nervous.

Re:Save all...
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2001, 07:28:32 PM »

<sigh> I'm rather disturbed by your dismissmal of people on this forum - but I will respond regardless.

You had a good idea with
QuoteI suppose a compromise would be to offer two flavors of "Edit Boards"...the current one and a new link in the admin panel...something like "Edit Many Boards at Once"...and have the large single form.

And I'll take a look at it.  I believe most of the people who reponded to your initial comments however, were rather confused about your point (and perhaps about your experience) by the comment about "nested forms" as such an arrangement wouldn't work.

Frankly though, dismissing the yabb.info forum as you did was particularly insulting considering the effort gone into the development.

Big P
Mod Team
YaBB God

"Back in '68, I don't like you, The End."

ICQ - 76064555pierceward@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2001, 07:32:37 PM »

I agree with joseph, and no, it's not like we're teaming up or anything of the sort. All comments and feedback are welcome, but if you're going to talk about complicated things like that you'd make it seem you were a newbie. That's why I asked.
Anyway, sorry if I seemed like i wasn't very helpful, but i did nothing but help people today on ICQ, so I'm kinda tired.. and grumpy!  :P ::)

PHPNews has been released!!! Download it now!!!
irbrian

I create. Therefore I am.

brian@inverse-reality.com WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2001, 07:38:39 PM »

This has bugged me since I first tried Y1 Gold -- if you want to make a small change to each board, it can take FOREVER to finish when you've got a dial-up, because you have to re-submit after every little change.

Someone mentioned that it would be slow to save all those changes. Look at it this way: If I'm making changes to each board, its gonna take me awhile anyway when I have to submit each new change individually. I'd rather just hit the button once then go make a sandwich while it submits all the changes together.  :)

Imparting great wisdom daily to those who will mistake my words as such.
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  Save all... « previous - next »