Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 20, 2024, 07:57:25 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.x] Oekaki Integration Mod « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done 1.5.x] Oekaki Integration Mod  (Read 8842 times)
Xelloss42
Noobie

Mmmmm.... Llamas...

[Done 1.5.x] Oekaki Integration Mod
« on: February 20, 2004, 09:55:44 AM »

Introduction

This mod integrates Oekaki Poteto into YaBB SE so that users only need to log in once, and when they change details in one profile, the other is changed as well.  While I mainly designed this for my own site, I figured anyone else who uses OP may appreciate this.

For those who do not know what Oekaki Poteto is, you can download it, and find more information on it here:

http://www.suteki.nu/community/

(hint:  it's in the big section labeled Oekaki Poteto)

If you want to see what you can do if you're really skilled at drawing online, go here:

http://www.oekakicentral.com/

Changes to YaBB SE and Oekaki Poteto

Important!

While the database tables for both programs are left in tact, this mod drastically changes Oekaki Poteto and causes some significant changes to YaBB SE as well.  Even if you don't normally backup your files / databases before installing mods (which you should) definitely make sure you do this time, as backtracking without a backup will likely be quite tedious.

Oekaki Poteto changes:

-Removed Log In/Out, Register, Add/Delete users, change password/email, "kill user after x days."

-Almost all of the fields in OPs profile correspond to fields in YaBB SE's profile, and when one is updated, the corresponding field is also updated.

-A couple fields have been added to the Control Panel as well.

YaBB SE additions:

-A few fields to the Mods Settings page in Admin.
-A tool to synchronize the OP and YaBB SE member tables
-An Icon is included for the menu bar (a link is on OP's menu bar)

Instructions

These are also included in the mod file

1) Backup and save all affected files!!!  This mod majorly changes Oekaki Poteto and YaBB SE.  Save files
in case you need to go back in the future.

2) Place the fake "index.php" one directory above both  YaBB SE and Oekaki Poteto (ex: c:\mod) and point Board Mod to this file, instead of normally pointing it at the index.php file in \yabbse.  Using the example above, make sure that YaBB SE is in c:\mod\yabbse and that Oekaki Poteto is in c:\mod\oekaki, with YaBB SE sources in c:\mod\yabbse\Sources.

3) Run the mod

4) upload the modified files, as well as OpSync.php into your server's yabbse/Sources directory.

5) upload oekaki.gif to your YaBB SE images directory.

6) Add the following to your database:
(assuming you use "yabbse_" as your prefix, change accordingly if you don't)

INSERT INTO `yabbse_settings` ( `variable` , `value` ) VALUES ('op_member_prefix', '');
INSERT INTO `yabbse_settings` ( `variable` , `value` ) VALUES ('op_prefix', '');
INSERT INTO `yabbse_settings` ( `variable` , `value` ) VALUES ('op_url', '');
INSERT INTO `yabbse_settings` ( `variable` , `value` ) VALUES ('op_menu', '');
INSERT INTO `yabbse_settings` ( `variable` , `value` ) VALUES ('op_flags', '');
INSERT INTO `yabbse_settings` ( `variable` , `value` ) VALUES ('op_lang', '');
INSERT INTO `yabbse_settings` ( `variable` , `value` ) VALUES ('op_crypt', '');

7) Make sure to enter information in both Oekaki Poteto's Control Panel, and YaBB SE's Mod Settings page.

8 ) Run the synchronization utility in Admin.

Final Notes

I hope others can appreciate this mod, as I've spent a great deal of time on it already.  I've tested it a fair amount, and have tried to make sure everything works, but I'm sure there's still a ton of bugs.  PLEASE post any bugs you may find here so I can fix them.  

This mod was developed for 1.5.5, and should work perfectly fine for those who have the most recent version.  I ran the mod script on the php files for 1.5.1 with no problems, but I haven't tested it out to make absolutely sure it doesn't cause a problem.  Since almost everything changed in YaBB SE is merely an addition to the code though, I can't imagine it having any problems that 1.5.5 wouldn't have.  If you use an earlier version, and this mod works, let me know, and I'll fix the version number accordingly.  

Also, as I have somewhat limited experience with mySQL scripts, if someone finds a more efficient way to accomplish what I tried to do in the OpSync.php file (compare two data tables and add those that aren't in both), by all means feel free to school me ; )  I'd like to know too.

Test Example
Feel free to try out the mod at the following site:
http://www.superhappyfunspace.com/test/yabbse

Set up your own account, or use
Username: Test
Password: Test

Download: http://www.superhappyfunspace.com/test/OpSync.zip

Screenshots:

These are of the things in the Admin section that you can't see on the test site above:

http://www.superhappyfunspace.com/test/screen01.jpg
This is what the three possible responses from the Synchronization function look like.  It will list one for each member, depending on what happens with them.

http://www.superhappyfunspace.com/test/screen02.png
The settings in the Mod Settings area of YaBB SE

http://www.superhappyfunspace.com/test/screen03.png"

http://www.superhappyfunspace.com/test/screen04.png"
The additions to control panel in Oekaki Poteto.

::edit::  changing status to Done since no one seems to have posted any bugs.  Of course if any are found, I'll try to fix them up real quick  ;D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 08:20:06 AM by Xelloss42 » Logged
oldiesmann
YaBB God

Jesus died for your sins... Have you thanked him?

oldiesmann@oldiesmann.us WWW
Re:[Beta 1.5.5] Oekaki Integration Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 01:06:14 PM »

Hmmm... Looks interesting... I have no clue what Oekaki Poteto is (even after visiting that website), but I will go investigate this...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 01:11:00 PM by oldiesmann » Logged

"I've sinned greatly, but Christ's for real, baby
It's a wonder He saved me and just didn't hate me
So won't you tell Him "Save me"
Please stand up, please stand up, please stand up..." - J. Jackson (More Info)
Xelloss42
Noobie

Mmmmm.... Llamas...

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 07:55:13 PM »

Oekaki Poteto is an online drawing program basically.  For any community that deals with drawing or art a good bit, it's a way for people to doodle and post what they've done online so that other people in the group can comment, or otherwise compare art.  I suppose it can be seen just as MS Paint online, though it can do a great deal more, and its presented in a message board like environment.

Basically it's something that nerdy artists do when they're bored  ;D
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 09:26:24 PM »

this is an awesome addition! although my community would not use it, I know more than one manga oriented forum that will love to add this (^^)

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
oldiesmann
YaBB God

Jesus died for your sins... Have you thanked him?

oldiesmann@oldiesmann.us WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 09:29:44 PM »

Now that I've had more time to play around with Oekaki, I definitely think it's cool, although my members wouldn't need anything that fancy.

"I've sinned greatly, but Christ's for real, baby
It's a wonder He saved me and just didn't hate me
So won't you tell Him "Save me"
Please stand up, please stand up, please stand up..." - J. Jackson (More Info)
Xelloss42
Noobie

Mmmmm.... Llamas...

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 11:44:29 PM »

woot.

I've had time to already update the mod, as I figured out a better way to deal with the passwords.

Before, there was a "temporary" password for those who were only on Oekaki.  Now, anyone who had an Oekaki only account can use their same password to log into YaBB SE, so no more mess with temporary passwords.

The following are just the changes I made to the mod file in case you have already downloaded the one from last night.

In the mod, any instance of 'op_defpass' should be changed to 'op_crypt', including the op_crypt field being added to the database. These are in the ModSettings.php, english.lng, and helpadmin.help areas.  The english.lng and helpadmin.help areas have different values for those lines as well.

Go to where LogInOut is edited, the first "search for" is new, and the second one fixes a bug: the third line of the "Add Before" should be SET usrpass, not SET passwrd.  

Go to the oekaki/Profile.php area.  The first change is missing HTML comment tags around the mod indicators.
(should be < !--////////-- > instead of ///////// )

Upload the new OpSync.php

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.x] Oekaki Integration Mod « previous - next »