Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 28, 2024, 02:48:53 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Graphics and Templates  |  finding personalised pic « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: finding personalised pic  (Read 5311 times)
sueraven
Noobie

finding personalised pic
« on: February 19, 2004, 11:57:13 AM »

What's the difference in saying avatar/personal pic?
I've been trying to get a picture from my website to use as my pic - I used the "I have my own pic:" and typed in different types of addresses (all including the correct filename of the pic) but nothing shows up, just the white box with red cross, which type of address should I type in? It's very confusing!! ???
Chris Cromer
The Strange One
Mod Team
YaBB God

I am just a figment of your imagination.

Re:finding personalised pic
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 08:57:02 AM »

Well for instance you would type something like this in the I have my own pic box:

http://www.agigames.com/avatar/avatar.gif

It has to be on a publicly accessable site for it to work. And also the site you are trying to link the picture from should not have hotlink protection for the site you are trying to use the avatar on.

There is no difference between saying "avatar" or "personal pic". It is the same thing.

Chris Cromer

I am not suffering from insanity, I am enjoying every minute of it.
sueraven
Noobie

Re:finding personalised pic
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 01:04:01 PM »

I've tried that, but still no luck - I have an images folder (where the picture is) on my ftp in the public section - whats going on?!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 01:07:07 PM by sueraven » Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Graphics and Templates  |  finding personalised pic « previous - next »