Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 28, 2024, 06:54:58 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  [Beta 1.5.3] Invision => YaBB SE, version 1.1 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Beta 1.5.3] Invision => YaBB SE, version 1.1  (Read 79948 times)
middelemiel
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:[Beta 1.5.3] Invision => YaBB Se, version 1.1
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2003, 02:08:41 PM »

anyone?
could anybody send the ! 1.1 ! converter to my email adress: [email protected] ?
or repair the link maybe?
bluegum
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2003, 10:49:21 AM »

Quote from: middelemiel on October 02, 2003, 12:58:20 PM
no, and I'll tell you why!
There has been an update! This is version 1.0 and I need version 1.1!
And that's where the broken link is :)
ok this now works
thanks to unknown

#1 here is a working link

http://www.basslurereviews.com/inv2yabbse11.zip

#2 back up your ivp database

#3 upload the file (inv2yabbse.php) to your forum directory example

http://www.myforum/yabbse/

in your browser go to that url

http://www.myforum/yabbse/inv2yabbse.php

i checked all the  boxes and then  let it run

now  rename or remove the file  <inv2yabbse.php>

go back to your board and login as admin

example
http://www.myforum/yabbse/index.php

in admin pannel

repair all boards and topics
then let that generate

then admin
then
recount all board totals

everything is now fine

here is a working link to this  file

http://www.basslurereviews.com/inv2yabbse11.zip

I had
invision 1.2 final and it worked  fine
other then a few avatars  and resetting permissions on forums and users
the posts are all there 100%

my working forum  after this  is here
http://www.basslurereviews.com/yabbse/index.php

( i am a charter member and went one step further and upgraded to smf beta after this but ad you see the invision converter went fine we lost 0 posts)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2003, 10:52:41 AM by bluegum » Logged
siyawash
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2004, 01:53:01 AM »

Hi

Great thanks for the convertor,

I have 1.3 invision board and would like to convert over to yabb, but the download is not working.

Could someone please send me the file at [email protected] I would really appreciate their help.

Thanks in bunch
Siyawash
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2004, 08:15:25 AM »

The most recent release works:

http://www.yabbse.org/community/attachments/inv2yabbse11.zip

Please note that this is not YaBB, but YaBB SE.

-[Unknown]
siyawash
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2004, 06:53:16 PM »

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 02, 2004, 08:15:25 AM
The most recent release works:

http://www.yabbse.org/community/attachments/inv2yabbse11.zip

Please note that this is not YaBB, but YaBB SE.

-[Unknown]

Hi thanks for the reply! I have yabbse 1.5.1 is that ok?

I have downloaded your convertor and it works great but the only thing I didnt like is the quotes. Its converted but without the usernames for the quotes. I was wondering if the script where it has the code to convert the invision quotes to yabbse has no input for usernames.

Could you please tell me if its possible to just replace the quotes and its text with a blank space or just about nothig at all? Cuz I don;t want the quotes to be converted, I only want the posts itself. If you could somehow alter the code below somehow so it will just replcae all the quotes and its text, that will be awesome bro.

//
         Converting messages (posts => messages)... ';
   db_query("
      INSERT INTO {$y_prefix}messages
         (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, posterTime, posterName, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime,
            modifiedName, posterEmail, body, subject, posterIP, icon)
      SELECT
         p.pid, p.topic_id, p.author_id, p.post_date, p.author_name, p.use_emo, p.edit_time, p.edit_name,
         IFNULL(m.email, ''), REPLACE(p.post, '<br>', '<br />'), t.title, p.ip_address, 'xx'
      FROM {$i_prefix}posts AS p
         LEFT JOIN {$i_prefix}topics AS t ON (t.tid = p.topic_id)
         LEFT JOIN {$i_prefix}members AS m ON (m.id = p.author_id)");

@set_time_limit(300);
   $request = db_query("
      SELECT ID_MSG, body
      FROM {$y_prefix}messages
      WHERE INSTR(body, 'QuoteBegin')");
   while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($request))
   {
      $row['body'] = addslashes(preg_replace(
         array('~<!--QuoteBegin.*?-->.+?<!--QuoteEBegin-->~is', '~<!--QuoteEnd-->.+?<!--QuoteEEnd-->~is'),
         array('[quote ]', '[/quote ]'), $row['body']));
      db_query("
         UPDATE {$y_prefix}messages
         SET body='$row[body]'
         WHERE ID_MSG=$row[ID_MSG]");
   }

@set_time_limit(300);
   echo '
         Successful<br />
//

Please help me here bro i realllly really really need your help on this as I dont want any quotes converted over.
Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: March 02, 2004, 08:41:00 PM by siyawash » Logged
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2004, 03:44:08 AM »

YaBB SE doesn't handle quoting well imho.  When I work on the Invision -> SMF converter I will be able to do more.

-[Unknown]
siyawash
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2004, 06:21:40 AM »

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 03, 2004, 03:44:08 AM
YaBB SE doesn't handle quoting well imho.  When I work on the Invision -> SMF converter I will be able to do more.

-[Unknown]

lol man i cant believe you could say that, omg someone who could program a forum software and will say he doenst know how to get rid of the quotes in conversion.. damn bro.
just by looking at the code I figured it out what needs to be done. I already knew what to alter in order for quotes not to be converted over.

You all programmers are so lame. Just cant believe it. But anyways as awlays yabb programmers are just nothing.

By the way the fix for it is you could simply just take the quotes off for yabb in the convertor and it will replace it with nothing lolzzzz lmaoooo

Thanks anyways.
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2004, 06:52:36 AM »

Sounds like you have a problem with programmers, and if that is so... go ahead and continue, I hardly care.

As far as my comments, I hope you understand that Invision does not quote the same way that YaBB SE does, even in the BBC.

YaBB SE uses the following system for quotes:
[ quote author=AUTHOR NAME link=LINK TO TOPIC date=TIMESTAMP ]

The problem is that Invision does NOT store this same information.  If you think it does, perhaps you should look more closely to a quote from an Invision board:

[ QUOTE=NAME,TIME ]

Now, even you - a non-programmer apparently - can hopefully see that this is different... but how is it stored in the database, may we ask?

Easy, it's stored like this:
<!--QuoteBegin--Someone+Jun 10 2003, 06:18 AM-->

Now, obviously, this is not going to convert well to YaBB SE's system.  This is why I have modified quote parsing in SMF to accept only an author.  Thus, this would then work:

[ quote author=Someone ]

Or even:

[ quote author="Someone" ]

Now, let me respond more directly to your statements:
Quotelol man i cant believe you could say that, omg someone who could program a forum software and will say he doenst know how to get rid of the quotes in conversion.. damn bro.
Please do not swear, there is no need.  I never said I did not know how, please refer to my wording - I said that it was not handled well in YaBB SE, and obviously YaBB SE is no longer under development if you have read anything important on this forum.... (which is doubtful, so I guess I can't blame you for being clueless.)

Quotejust by looking at the code I figured it out what needs to be done. I already knew what to alter in order for quotes not to be converted over.
I know perfectly well what to alter, don't get me wrong.  I just don't feel any need to support your conversion to... whatever other forum.

QuoteYou all programmers are so lame. Just cant believe it. But anyways as awlays yabb programmers are just nothing.
This is such a generalized statement, I wonder if you've ever lived on the world at all.  I've been on it long enough to know that you can't both make a statement like this and not be wrong... but, well, I'm not a YaBB programmer so maybe you're talking to someone else.

QuoteBy the way the fix for it is you could simply just take the quotes off for yabb in the convertor and it will replace it with nothing lolzzzz lmaoooo
Hey, fool, that doesn't fix the *actual* problem... LOLZ0R!!! HAHA N00B!!!

No thanks, please don't bother coming back - you're obviously not interested in YaBB SE at all...

And to clarify, I realize that you just wanted to remove the quotes, but I wasn't even responding to that... n00b.  I am interested in making this converter better for YaBB SE users, but since you were converting to 1.5.1, it was painfully obvious you had no intention of staying with YaBB SE, and that I have no obligation to helping you do so.  I mean, if you're converting to some other forum I'm sure you can bother yourself to get them to help you instead of wasting my time.

-[Unknown]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 07:17:40 AM by [Unknown] » Logged
siyawash
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2004, 06:25:29 PM »

LOL chilllllllllll

I could understand what you going through but you see may be you didnt understand me quite well with what I need help with.

Ok I said if you could fix it in any way so it will convert the quotes correctly if not then could you tell me a way with which I can alter the convertor code where quotes reside so that it will not convert the quotes in any way, it will only convert over the actual posts. But yu never told me a yes or no to it.

Don't take me wrong I was just pised but anyhow. Are you going to bother telling me if thats possible lol?

But I also asked you if this convertor is for any version above yabbse 1.5.x? or any specific version. Now please help me why would you say I don't want to use yabbse.? Why wouldnt I?
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2004, 07:50:33 PM »

I can't see why you would assume it does not, especially from the subject line - [Beta 1.5.3].  The only reason to convert to 1.5.1 is that many converters to other forums are writtten for that version.

It's really not hard to remove the quotes,  and even though you fraglanty tried to insult me before, here's the change you want to make:

array('~<!--QuoteBegin.*?-->.+?<!--QuoteEBegin-->~is', '~<!--QuoteEnd-->.+?<!--QuoteEEnd-->~is'),
         array('[quote]', '[/quote]'), $row['body']));

To:

'~<!--QuoteBegin.*?-->.+?<!--QuoteEBegin-->.+?<!--QuoteEnd-->.+?<!--QuoteEEnd-->~is',
         '', $row['body']));

This will erase the content of all quotes, which may I warn you make the topics a little harder to follow.

If you really want the authors, but plan on upgrading to SMF and don't mind them not working in between, you can make this change instead:

array('[quote]', '[/quote]'), $row['body']));

Replace:

array('~<!--QuoteBegin--(.+?)+.+?-->.+?<!--QuoteEBegin-->~is', '~<!--QuoteEnd-->.+?<!--QuoteEEnd-->~is'),
         array('[quote author="$1"]', '[quote][/quote]'), $row['body']));

But you'll get ugly things like this:
Quote from: [Unknown]Blah blah

-[Unknown]
siyawash
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2004, 08:30:58 PM »

Thanks for helping but the code you gave me for displaying author for quotes doesnt not show any author forit insteas it just shows [  quote auhor = "" ] Then it doesnt close it either. Well the only  reason I dont want the quotes to show is because if you cant see whos quote a member has quoted then whats the point of having them right?  

The code for deleteing the quotes you gave me had one less closing bracket at the end which was giving  parse error but i fixed that. Let me try if it works.

Btw I only reason I am using yabbse 1.5.1 is because in the begining i read the file itself and it had version 1.5.1 written on it so I thowt may be thats the version its working with. I dont know if there is any major changes in 1.5.3 from 1.5.1 which will affect the conversion? is there

thanks
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 08:47:27 PM by siyawash » Logged
siyawash
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2004, 08:45:43 PM »

after fixing the parse error it was giving out for the replacing quotes code you gave me which was one more closing bracket ) at the end, it gave me this error

Converting members (members => members)... Successful
Converting categories (categories => categories)... Successful
Converting boards (forums => boards)... Successful
Converting topics (topics => topics)... Successful
Converting messages (posts => messages)...
Warning: Wrong parameter count for preg_replace() in /home/true/public_html/yabbse/inv2yabbse.php on line 244
Successful
Updating statistics (settings)... Successful

Any idea?
I was thinkin since invision uses the same quoeting i mean name,date, time, how come its not possible to convertt it then?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 09:05:44 PM by siyawash » Logged
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2004, 09:08:45 PM »

They won't affect the conversion, but there are security holes.

As I said, the author does not work in YaBB SE.

I didn't miss any parenthesis in my post... make sure there are no arrays.  There's no need.

Can't convert it because YaBB SE requires a link to the topic as well, and anyway it might not be able to parse the time format well.

-[Unknown]
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  [Beta 1.5.3] Invision => YaBB SE, version 1.1 « previous - next »