Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 20, 2024, 10:12:09 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  General Category  |  Feedback  |  The Support for Mods « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: The Support for Mods  (Read 4843 times)
MsPrecious
Noobie

Would you mind?

The Support for Mods
« on: January 28, 2004, 03:28:12 AM »

I'm just thinking that Why have mods that members can install but not get help from staff??Why not do it like this when a mod is submitted The staff members should learn them mods so that they can give support to members no matter what mod it is..there is a few free php sites out there that can be found for a testing board.I'm just posting this because the way things are going some members might want to give up on their Yabb SE board that they really want.

--Missp
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 03:29:42 AM by MsPrecious » Logged
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
Re:The Support for Mods
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 03:53:27 AM »

Because some people write complex darn mods that are full of bugs, I mean just look at the supermod....

We can't handle the support for that here, unless you want to hire a staff of 25 people to support the mods.

-[Unknown]
Peter Duggan
Llama Chameleon
Global Moderator
YaBB God

You come and go...

Re:The Support for Mods
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 08:01:52 AM »

Quotethere is a few free php sites out there that can be found for a testing board.I'm just posting this because the way things are going some members might want to give up on their Yabb SE board that they really want.

I'd be surprised if there's a staff member who doesn't have a test server running at home, so facilities for test boards really aren't the issue. But, looking at it another way, we all do this for the love of it and none of us have unlimited free time. A standard YaBB SE board is still a very powerful piece of software which I'd recommend new users to try unmodded at first because mods can interact with the board or each other in many different ways and the choice to install them or not is ultimately yours rather than ours...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 08:02:34 AM by Peter Duggan » Logged

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  General Category  |  Feedback  |  The Support for Mods « previous - next »