Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 29, 2024, 10:30:46 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  Changeover Questions « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Changeover Questions  (Read 124103 times)
ECCShaman
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Changeover Questions
« on: March 23, 2004, 08:39:16 PM »

I am new to the YABB experience. I have been using IPB v1.2, but have had it hacked twice since the start of the year :'( , which means I am looking around for a new board to install on the website I run. You can probably see the general picture

There are approximately 550 members on the current board that I run, and the only way to access the forums on the board is you have to be a member. Will YABB 1.5.5c accomodate this same restriction? [1.5.5c is a BB option I can install via the Fantastico application on my Cpanel]

Would appreciate some tips for making the changeover from my current BB to the YABB program, such as important topics that need to be preserved and moved, and moving the membership database.

Input would be appreciated.

ECCShaman
ECCShaman
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:Changeover Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 08:58:41 PM »

After reading some of the posts and related material, it look's like I will be going to the SMF community format, and installing it in a separate directory and testing it.

SMF look's great...
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 09:03:54 PM »

That is correct, we'll be moving to SMF very shortly...hopefully you'll find the help you need (and there is a converter available for ibf) over there.

ECCShaman
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 09:48:33 PM »

Many thanks for the injo Jeff. I am in another window looking at the SMF site now, and fixing to send the info to the other site Administrator. We are tired of pulling our hair out with the 'other' program.

ECCShaman
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  YaBB SE Info  |  News From the YaBB SE Team  |  Changeover Questions « previous - next »