Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 26, 2024, 02:56:36 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  How to make another option like "Gender? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: How to make another option like "Gender?  (Read 5076 times)
Lamper
Noobie

ICQ - 173261418tomerdean516@hotmail.com WWW
How to make another option like "Gender?
« on: January 02, 2004, 08:58:59 PM »

I want to add another option like "Gender to my YaBB SE Forum (With SuperMod Upgrade?)

First I tried going to Profile.php and taking all the gender code I found, copying it and instead of writing gender write "race"  (my new option) but that didnt work...

Can anyone help me with this, I was in the end for there to be a dropdown option like gender to be in profile so you can change that, start off with 2 options, the names dont matter and in threads under the username i want it to be show like this..

Lamper

Race: Human

So what files do I have to edit and how? Thanks a lot!
Spaceman-Spiff
Mod Team
YaBB God

My $txt[228]

Re:How to make another option like "Gender?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 10:18:02 PM »

first of all, you need to add a new column in the members table
then, you need to edit Profile.php
the code should be similiar with gender code, just change the text and options there, then store the input to the database

if that part is done, if you want to show it in the post pages, you'll need to edit Display.php, and maybe Load.php too

My mods, ysePak, codes, tutorials
    Support question IMs = bad.
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  How to make another option like "Gender? « previous - next »