Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 26, 2024, 08:53:44 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Yabbse to Sm « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Yabbse to Sm  (Read 6339 times)
dstaton
Noobie

I'm a not a llama, but I play one on TV.

Yabbse to Sm
« on: December 26, 2003, 02:23:10 PM »

I'm a little perplexed by the usage of the word "Mod" in the YabbSE control panel. Are they Mods or are they standard features?

As many people, I am considering moving to SimpleMachines when it comes out.  I'm assuming that any converters for this will be for an unmodded board only.

Therefore, are the features called "Mods" that come with YaBBSE considered "Mods" in terms of a conversion, or will they be converted along with everything else?

I searched this board and the SM board, but could not find any discussion about this.

Thanks

« Last Edit: December 26, 2003, 02:25:22 PM by dstaton » Logged
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
Re:Yabbse to Sm
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2003, 06:42:36 PM »

Quote from: dstaton on December 26, 2003, 02:23:10 PM
I'm a little perplexed by the usage of the word "Mod" in the YabbSE control panel. Are they Mods or are they standard features?

I've always agreed, and I nearly sneaked in and changed it to "Feature Settings and Options" in 1.5.4.

Think of them as, err... "Standard Mods".

QuoteAs many people, I am considering moving to SimpleMachines when it comes out.  I'm assuming that any converters for this will be for an unmodded board only.

Yes, but several people have converted - quite successfully - heavily modded boards.  You just have to port the mods afterward.

QuoteTherefore, are the features called "Mods" that come with YaBBSE considered "Mods" in terms of a conversion, or will they be converted along with everything else?

Everything standard in the YaBB SE install will be converted to SMF.

QuoteI searched this board and the SM board, but could not find any discussion about this.

Thanks

No problem ;).

-[Unknown]
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Yabbse to Sm « previous - next »