Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 19, 2024, 05:01:09 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  FAQ  |  Who is responsible for this fine release? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Who is responsible for this fine release?  (Read 33621 times)
Jeff Lewis
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm a llama!

Who is responsible for this fine release?
« on: December 18, 2001, 07:41:42 PM »

YaBB SE saw a lot of teamwork again in the YaBB community.  It is based on Y1G, which can be found here http://yabb.xnull.com/community, which was based on Y1F and earlier versions.

Joseph Fung (initial port, polls, karma, converter, debugging) and Jeff Lewis - me (initial port, attachments, installer, debugging) started the porting of SE one weekend and supportive developers followed.  The team working on YaBB SE included some old faces from the YaBB community.

Zef Hemel (YBBC and smiley parsing, package manager, part of the installer), Christian Land (graphics sets, currently working on the revamped IM release date TBD), Meriadoc (Vastly improved repair all boards feature, attachments), Dave Baughman (advanced move threads), Peter Crouch (database layout and structure, converter) and Tim Ceuppens (HTML 4.01 Transitional Compliance).

Also not to be forgotten, there were several beta testers whose names can be found in your admin section.  Our beta testing team was very good and were online almost as much as we were, which only helped SE be released much quicker.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2001, 07:47:42 PM by Joseph Fung » Logged

Agelmar
YaBB God

Takako Matsu = Goddess

Re:Who is responsible for this fine release?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 12:28:50 AM »

Thank yee ^-^

alexrolko
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 12:47:54 AM »

And don't forget me. I've been a source of entertainment for the Admin's, and other members. I've well done only that really. and pointed out some bugs.  ;D

Now i'm providing top quality support!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2002, 06:34:03 AM by Alex Rolko » Logged
ChumChum
Noobie

Cogito ergo sum

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2002, 05:05:09 AM »

I had YG1 installed, converted to SE, added mods. Everything went extremely smooth. I really don't know any programming but this product and this community makes learning a lot more fun. I hope to one day help contribute to this project with a mod or whatever may be needed. Until then, I sit here, read the boards, try to learn, and enjoy this fine message board. I only wish that some of these people almost demanding a mod for this and that would relax a bit and respect the work you guys have done.

GG YaBB SE Team!
(This includes all the people contributing their knowledge on the mssage board and in the form of mods)

-ChumChum
DARKHORSE
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 05:28:27 PM »

I think that your boards are FANTASTIC, probably the best on the net.
I wish I knew how to add one to my site.   ::)
Spaceman-Spiff
Mod Team
YaBB God

My $txt[228]

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2003, 07:59:16 PM »

do u have all the requirements in the download page?

u can post in Installation Help board if u're having problems installing

My mods, ysePak, codes, tutorials
    Support question IMs = bad.
groundup
Disciple of Joe, Head Cleric
Mod Team
YaBB God

Error 309: Please notify the administrator of this

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2003, 08:24:37 PM »

Who is reponsible for it? Check the credits page on your release, it is much more comprehensive.

QuoteBelow is a list of credits of the current team members who made YaBB SE possible. The YaBB SE team wants to thank everyone who help make YaBB SE what it is today. We would also like to thank YOU YaBB SE cronies for installing and using our boards.

List of Team Members, the driving force behind YaBB SE releases. Thanks to all those who contributed!

YaBB SE Admin Team: Jeff Lewis, Joseph Fung, Zef Hemel, Ted, Alex Rolko, Keitaro-Kun, Compuart, Nemesis, and John R.

YaBB SE Support Team Andrea, Mediman, David, Mach8, Manju

YaBB SE Dev Team Christian Land, Meriadoc, Chris Cromer, Dave Smulders, Greg Robson, Omar Bazavilvazo, Unknown W. Brackets <-- yes that is a real user.

YaBB SE Mod Team [CV]XXL, Big P, Chris Cromer, Michael, Indestructible, Kalin Somphane, Groundup, Delinquently insane, and Jack.R.Abbit

YaBB SE Beta Testers: Edwin Weij, Daniel D., Webby, J@rno, Chris Boston, Agelmar, Pegleg, Zippo, Tim C, Hypocrite, and Manco

Misc: Thank goes out to Mach8 for being Mach8. Not only do you give great support but you also make this community fun and exciting to come to. Without you YaBB SE community would be dull and boring. We luv you... Also a special thanks goes out to Zain for hosting YaBB SE at InfoDoma, you are a lifesaver for the YaBB SE community. Thanks!

For anyone we may missed, Thank You!

http://www.fastfinancialfreedom.org - financial freedom is a myth
fastfinancialfreedom.org
Chris Cromer
The Strange One
Mod Team
YaBB God

I am just a figment of your imagination.

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2003, 11:05:48 PM »

Wow, I am part of the mod team and the dev team, go figure. ::)

I only held the spot as a developer for like 2 or 3 weeks... then Christmas vacation came I disappeard for a week because my computer broke and was a mod team member when I got back. ::)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2003, 11:17:44 PM by Chris Cromer » Logged

Chris Cromer

I am not suffering from insanity, I am enjoying every minute of it.
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  FAQ  |  Who is responsible for this fine release? « previous - next »