Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 29, 2024, 04:50:47 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Portal Discussion  |  Idea for single login for portal and YaBBse. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Idea for single login for portal and YaBBse.  (Read 40698 times)
Div
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Idea for single login for portal and YaBBse.
« on: January 24, 2004, 02:50:39 AM »

Now this may sound stupid, but it sounds like a simple and easily acomplished solution to the problem of loging into both the portal and the forum. Have a script that shows a login on the front page, but it reads the login (name/pass) and enters it into both the portal and forum at the same time. (must have same in both) So it logs you into the forum while your still on the front page. It would be harder to do for register, bucause of differing fields, but for login, it seems like it would work. Unless the forum HAS to be running for you to login. Well, many things I don't understand about how these things work, I just thought that maybe no-one thought of it that way.

Div'
« Last Edit: January 24, 2004, 02:51:43 AM by Div » Logged
oldiesmann
YaBB God

Jesus died for your sins... Have you thanked him?

oldiesmann@oldiesmann.us WWW
Re:Idea for single login for portal and YaBBse.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 09:54:05 PM »

I have no idea what you're talking about. With Enigma (the LSP portal), logging in automatically logs you in to the entire site...

"I've sinned greatly, but Christ's for real, baby
It's a wonder He saved me and just didn't hate me
So won't you tell Him "Save me"
Please stand up, please stand up, please stand up..." - J. Jackson (More Info)
Tywick
Noobie

Re:Idea for single login for portal and YaBBse.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 01:53:10 PM »

Quote from: oldiesmann on February 15, 2004, 09:54:05 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about. With Enigma (the LSP portal), logging in automatically logs you in to the entire site...

I think it's safe to assume he wasn't refering to Enigma/LSP.

I have succesfully created a single login for YaBB SE when used with XOOPS version 1.3.x

If you're interested get XOOPS 1.3.10 -- make sure it's 1.3.x and not 2.x. Then get YaBB TDfX and everything should work nice and smooth.

>> Example
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 02:05:56 PM by Tywick » Logged

Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Portal Discussion  |  Idea for single login for portal and YaBBse. « previous - next »