Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 20, 2024, 08:39:55 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Tons of Errors after conversion « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Tons of Errors after conversion  (Read 5085 times)
saint3k
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Tons of Errors after conversion
« on: November 23, 2003, 05:20:25 PM »

Okay guys, I'm pulling my hair out here. I'm getting tons of errors with my new board, which I converted over from Yab Gold sp1. I've tried converting several times, and have managed to cut down the majority of errors just by following the directions in the dummy's guide, but I am still having three stupid errors I can't lick.

First Error - I get this on the top of the page, it appears about 50% of the time.  Just to make sure my permissions were okay I tried several different CHMOD's with this file, but to no success. Just to be sure I CHMOD'ed all the files that make up the forum to 777. No luck though.
QuoteWarning: open(/home/phpses/sess_7d207ad1f8f8bfb755ed0d71a176a3fd, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /export/home/saints3k/www/immortalhouse/index.php on line 78

Second error - every now and then it will simply refuse to load anything lower than the top titlebar, and will merely display this under it.
Quote2: fopen("/export/home/saints3k/www/immortalhouse/Settings.php", "w") - Permission denied
(/export/home/saints3k/www/immortalhouse/Sources/Admin.php ln 1626)

The third error I'm getting is way to long to transcribe here. Every now and then when I try to update any part of the page it fill the entire screen with hex code. and then gives me some wierd permissions error.

If you guys want to check out the board it is at http://www.saintshaven.com/immortalhouse

Any ideas guys?
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
Re:Tons of Errors after conversion
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 07:21:08 PM »

Tell your host that /home/phpses needs to be writable.

Be sure to chmod /export/home/saints3k/www/immortalhouse/ to 777.  Weird, ask your host if it's writable.

-[Unknown]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 07:21:42 PM by [Unknown] » Logged
saint3k
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:Tons of Errors after conversion
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 09:58:58 PM »

Nevermind, turns out it was a host server error after all. They fixed the problem over the weekend and I'm now up and running at 100%. Thanks guys  ;D
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Tons of Errors after conversion « previous - next »