Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 20, 2024, 01:45:04 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Problems converting from Yabbg 1.3.1 -> Yabbse 1.5.1 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Problems converting from Yabbg 1.3.1 -> Yabbse 1.5.1  (Read 5671 times)
KevinST
Noobie

Problems converting from Yabbg 1.3.1 -> Yabbse 1.5.1
« on: November 21, 2003, 10:17:41 AM »

Hi all,

OK, I've installed SE 1.5.1 successfully and am trying to use the converter that's available on the download page.
Unfortunatly I'm having loads of "Notices"..are these errors, warnings or really are notices that I can safely ignore??

I'm trying to convert a large board (3300 members, 19000 topics and 211,000 posts). I've increased the CGI time out on my IIS server to 30 minutes (just incase!)

Sorry for the long post  :o

On the very first page I get the following Notices under the proceed button:
Notice: Undefined variable: step in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 82

Notice: Undefined variable: step in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 155

Notice: Undefined variable: step in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 210

Notice: Undefined variable: step in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 367

Notice: Undefined variable: step in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 530

Notice: Undefined variable: step in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 899

Notice: Undefined variable: step in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 928

Pressing Proceed gives me a page saying I'm not in safe mode.

Next page I enter the paths to the YaBB Gold install (C:\Inetpub\forum\current) and press start conversion.

Next page I get the following notice:
Notice: Undefined index: DOCUMENT_ROOT in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 157
but I am still able to enter the path to the SE install (C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse), and the MySQL database details. Purge database is ticked.
Pressed Proceed and get a page of text, no notices  :) and press proceed again.
Step 4 gives a whole load of these notices:
Notice: strtotime(): Called with empty time parameter in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 402
<usernames>

Then later on these...
Notice: Array to string conversion in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 484
It then goes on to insert IM's and update the member tables successfully.
Pressing proceed again goes onto stage 5... <25 minutes later>
The page comes back, loads of successful message, but also with these notices:
Notice: strtotime(): Called with empty time parameter in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 793

Notice: Undefined offset: 11 in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 801

Notice: strtotime(): Called with empty time parameter in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 801
over and over again

Then inserting messages (all successful)
Then some more notices:
Notice: undefined index: in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 837

Notice: undefined index: in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 838
several times
Then updating topics (all successful)

Proceed...
Asks me to copy the template and settings.
Copied the settings but no the template (maybe time for a change) and get these final notices...
Notice: Undefined variable: db_prefix in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\converter.php on line 990
Enabling Sticky Topics
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\Inetpub\forum\yabbse_1-5-1\yabbse\Settings.php on line 79
KevinST
Noobie

Re:Problems converting from Yabbg 1.3.1 -> Yabbse 1.5.1
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 10:27:48 AM »

Update - the site errored so I copied the settings_bak.php to settings.php and it all seemed to work now.
Went into admin and recounted all the boards and posts... I seem to have about 15 topics and 500 posts missing.  :'(
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Problems converting from Yabbg 1.3.1 -> Yabbse 1.5.1 « previous - next »