Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 26, 2024, 07:09:47 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  General Category  |  Feedback  |  copyright Q « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: copyright Q  (Read 4600 times)
ovenchip
Noobie

I'm a llama!

copyright Q
« on: November 03, 2003, 10:54:41 PM »

at the bottom of the page it says 'copyright YaBB SE'

my question - does this mean that everything on the page is copyright YaBB SE? (that's what it would seem to mean)

although presumably you guys are only asserting copyright over the code ;) (not an evil scheme of some sort...)

not a stupid Q i hope - i'd like to base some web pages on forum content and i need copyright myself to do this legally i think
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
Re:copyright Q
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 02:53:56 PM »

The copyright is over the html and code of the forum.  All of it was written by the YaBB SE Team.

The post content, of course, are not copyright by us - but the forum is.  That's what the copyright is about.

-[Unknown]
ovenchip
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 05:34:57 PM »

thanks

i think YaBB is great and full credit is due btw, but i'd like to put 'copyright mysite' at the bottom just so i'm on solid ground if i reprint posts on other pages

ovenchip
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 02:32:22 AM »

btw, when you purchase a license does the dev team supply the code to add 'copyright mysite'?

i don't think it would look quite right if i just wrote it in HTML and my php isn't very good (c++ coder here :( )

ovenchip
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  General Category  |  Feedback  |  copyright Q « previous - next »