Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 20, 2024, 10:36:31 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  General Category  |  Feedback  |  Searching Rest of Site « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Searching Rest of Site  (Read 4583 times)
wxkeep
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Searching Rest of Site
« on: September 29, 2003, 09:46:01 PM »

I'm sure this has probably been asked before - but try doing a search on "search site" etc and see what you get! hehe.  It's rough, so I'm gonna short-cut and just ask.  

I'm wondering if there is a way to integrate the search engine of YABBSE with the rest of my site.  I'm currently using PHPDIG to do searching for my site, and it can actually index the forums (along with a lot of junk in the forums like PRINT THIS TOPIC   and EMAIL TOPIC TO FRIEND etc as results) so I was wondering if there might be an easier way to make an all site inclusive search engine utilizing YABBSE.  Any help on this topic-  points to other posts, or points to mods, would be greatly appreciated...thanks!
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
Re:Searching Rest of Site
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 10:47:06 PM »

YaBB SE searches the database, it does not search actual posts.  I recommend you use Google, with term site:yoursite.com

-[Unknown]
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  General Category  |  Feedback  |  Searching Rest of Site « previous - next »