Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 20, 2024, 06:50:07 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Colors « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Colors  (Read 5922 times)
ShishCoBob
Noobie

I love YaBB SE!

Colors
« on: December 21, 2001, 04:57:37 AM »

Alright here's a quick questions. I've been changing colors in the temple. Also i've been changing colors in the preferances part... I just changed the catogory background color and nothing happened. Well I'm looking and it fades from light blue to white.. So is this a background image that I'm going to have to change?.. well come to think of it.. Now when I change anything in preferances none of it changes on the board? What's going on with that too?
Shaun
Wannabe Mod Writer

YaBB SE Rules.

Re:Colors
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 05:12:37 AM »

This is for a background-image...
.catbg        {color: #000000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 13px; background-image : url(http://www.yabb.info/community/YaBBImages/catbg.jpg);}

This is for a background-color...
.catbg        {color: #000000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 13px; background-color: #6699CC;}

Just change the #6699CC to the color you want to use.

This guy uses objects like women man!
Dave Smulders
YaBB SE Developer
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 05:13:22 AM »

open up your template.html, and edit the <style> section of that. See if you can change the colors that way.

ShishCoBob
Noobie

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2001, 05:17:05 AM »

.catbg        {color: #000000; font-weight: bold; font-size: 13px; background-image : #000000;}

That should turn them black.. Why are they grey.
Shaun
Wannabe Mod Writer

YaBB SE Rules.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2001, 05:20:52 AM »

color: #000000 is your font color

background-image: #000000 is your background

To make it black, you must change from background-image to background-color.  Make sure you change your font color though...

This is white letters on a black background...
.catbg        {color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: bold; font-size: 13px; background-color: #000000;}

ShishCoBob
Noobie

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2001, 05:51:12 AM »

.catbg        {color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: bold; font-size: 13px; background-color : #666666;}

Alright works now. But I go to a index of a board and the board description and parts where it says pages and has the three bottons turn but the text stays black...
Shaun
Wannabe Mod Writer

YaBB SE Rules.

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2001, 06:11:40 AM »

If you want to change the look of your board, you'll have to change more of your css properties.  Your font color in another property is probably still set to "#000000".  You should post a link to your board if you're gonna need help in the future...   ;)

ShishCoBob
Noobie

I love YaBB SE!

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2001, 06:24:10 AM »

http://www.shishcobob.com/forum/

yeah I'm finding a lot of things that I could complain about just when I'm changing simple things like colors (like the images.... I change the color and there are a few transparent parts right in the middle of them.. and some color left around the edges) but I'm going to leave those for later.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2001, 06:36:55 AM by ShishCoBob » Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  Colors « previous - next »