Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 18, 2024, 05:15:50 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Converting Attachments « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Converting Attachments  (Read 43386 times)
BesterP12
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Converting Attachments
« on: March 20, 2004, 01:49:56 AM »

I have a YaBBG 1.3.1 board that I want to convert to YaBBSE.  When I use the converter, most things convert fine, but attachments do not get converted into the new board.  All attachments get stripped out of posts.

I know the attachment option is added by a mod, but it would be very annoying to manualy go into each post and modify it to add the attachment myself.

Just wondering if there is any modified version of the converter (or just another converter) that would also convert attachments over to SE format.

If there isn't a script that allows this to be directly converted, what about a way to just convert the attachment code in the old messages to plain [img] codes that sit in the main section of the post.  That way they wouldn't get stripped.  I'd be fine with just leaving the old upload folder where it is to keep the links in tact.

This is for a graphics forum so these image attachments are very important.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 01:51:45 AM by BesterP12 » Logged
BesterP12
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:Converting Attachments
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 02:08:20 AM »

For example, RIght now it's:

Line for PMs/report to mod/IP listing
-----------
-----------
Signature

How possibe would it be to have a script make the image link a normal [img] code in the post above the IP line where the converter wouldn't strip it out?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 02:26:22 AM by BesterP12 » Logged
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 03:47:31 AM »

If you can tell me *WHERE* the attachment mod puts its data, I can try to update the converter to convert it.

-[Unknown]
BesterP12
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 07:58:27 AM »

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 20, 2004, 03:47:31 AM
If you can tell me *WHERE* the attachment mod puts its data, I can try to update the converter to convert it.

-[Unknown]
Check you PMs, I sent you a sample because I didn't feel comfortable posting the contests of a thread's .txt file here (what with the Ips of users and all.)  Basicly in the thread's text file (ie: /cgi-bin/yabb/Messages/1079229361.txt), each post goes like this:

Some post info such as thread title and user name, email,  and IP separated by pipes "|"
post text
then a series of five pipes  (usualy used to denote things like notices that the thread had been editing and such.)  The full URL to the attachment is stored between last two pipes, with just the file name after the last one.

Quote||||http://www.yoursite.com/upload/image.gif|image.gif

If you can't convert it to whatever attachment format YaBBSE uses, it looks like it might be possible to just move the URL part up into the main text area.  Maybe even have it look at the extension and if it's jpg, gif, or png, put an [img] code around the URL, and if it's anything else, just use a [URL] code.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 08:32:27 AM by BesterP12 » Logged
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 07:56:38 PM »

I should be able to convert that... I think.

-[Unknown]
BesterP12
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 12:32:21 AM »

Thanks, it converted the attachments okay, but put a paperclip icon on all messages, even those with no attachments.
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 01:44:28 AM »

Hmm, can you execute this query then?

SELECT attachmentFilename, attachmentSize
FROM yabbse_messages
WHERE attachmentSize = 0;

-[Unknown]
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  Converting Attachments « previous - next »