Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 25, 2024, 05:23:30 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  FAQ  |  Why can I not stay logged in? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Why can I not stay logged in?  (Read 438657 times)
Compactman
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:Why can I not stay logged in?
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2002, 09:49:06 AM »

I'm having the same problem using foxserv winxp..
I have the cookie name here if that helps
Cookie:[email protected]
I deleted cookies in both opera and IE and it doesn't make a difference so the problem is not browser based...

I also added these lines to my loginout.php

setCookie($cookieusername);
 setCookie($cookieusername,'',time()-3600,"24.150.48.6/php-bin/yabbse/",".24.150.48.6");
 setCookie($cookiepassword);
 setCookie($cookiepassword,'',time()-3600,"24.150.48.6/php-bin/yabbse/",".24.150.48.6");
 setCookie('expiretime','-1',time()-3600,"24.150.48.6/php-bin/yabbse/",".24.150.48.6");

Compactman
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2002, 09:54:42 AM »

damn I went to register a user and I got this too

2: Failed to Connect
(C:\FoxServ\www\php-bin\yabbse\Sources\Subs.php ln 323)

It created the account... but I still got that error.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2002, 09:55:28 AM by Compactman » Logged
Compactman
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2002, 10:36:06 AM »

I found the sorce of the problem!!!  I can't fix it but this will be usefull to you guys

I hope somebody see's this..

Anyway I installed another msg board after I tried for hours getting yabbse to work... Another php message board at least and it did the exact same thing and its a problem with myphp explained here... hopefully they will fix it by the next version.

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=16626
cedareden
Noobie

« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2002, 12:08:24 AM »

Another possible cause of log in problems, where you log in and then become guest when you change pages, is caused by firewalls. For instance, if you have ZoneAlarm set to block cookies, make sure you add your YABB site to the Privacy Site List and enable persistent cookies.
Compactman
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2002, 08:55:34 AM »

Yeah Ive done that... I know its the bug in php and apache 2 though because I had 5 other users try and login and they get the very same thing.. I switched to sessions put the / in and still same problems.. turned off firewall, set the cookies changed the code..  

Now I just hope this bug I have gets delt with.. I tried using the new version of php was only like 1 point above the one I had and apparently there is a problem between apache 2 and that new php...

UGH lol..  
phark

« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2002, 02:17:05 AM »

FYI...  The cookie issue has been resolved, well to a certain point.

If you install ttCMS (http://www.ttcms.com) as the front end, it handles cookies in a different manner and all the problems I have been having over the past few months have resolved.  Thanks Andy!

ttCMS will should be available to the public in about a week.  I've been Bata testing it and I can tell, you...  COOKIE problems have been fixed!   ;D ;D

The ttCMS Project is a great thing... It combines the best BB, YaBB SE with an advanced CMS (Content Management System), ttCMS.  

You can check out my site if you want, www.lowellmi.net (sorry about the layout... I'll get to that  :P) or the ttCMS site (Link above).   :D

I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to.
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2002, 02:24:12 AM »

How is it done with ttCMS? I don't think everyone wants to install it just to fix cookies... although some are pretty desperate. :)
phark

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2002, 02:37:38 AM »

Quote from: Gobalopper on September 26, 2002, 02:24:12 AMHow is it done with ttCMS? I don't think everyone wants to install it just to fix cookies... although some are pretty desperate. :)

I think Andy re-wrote the cookies part.  You will have to ask him (AJP).  Whatever he did... all can sign on and remain signed on now.  

Anyway, cookies are fixed through this avenue.   8)

I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to.
The Large Portion
Noobie

Bleh!

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2002, 10:07:53 AM »

What a nightmare!!

I just upgraded to 1.4.1 and my users can't stay logged in.  What's worse for me is that I cannot access the admin panel because as soon as i touch any link, i'm logged straight back out again.

I've tried pretty much everything in this topic and no good has come out of it - please can someone suggest an answer?  

Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2002, 06:37:14 PM »

Is there any reason why guests have to have cookies set? Maybe the code should be changed so that cookies are only set if the person is logged in? Could it be that the "guest" cookies are somehow overriding the "logged in" cookies?
Sfpiano
Noobie

« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2002, 01:43:25 AM »

Quote from: The Large Portion on October 06, 2002, 10:07:53 AMWhat a nightmare!!

I just upgraded to 1.4.1 and my users can't stay logged in.  What's worse for me is that I cannot access the admin panel because as soon as i touch any link, i'm logged straight back out again.

I've tried pretty much everything in this topic and no good has come out of it - please can someone suggest an answer?  

I'm having the same problem he is. But after I get logged out, at the bottom of the page, it still has my name as an online user.  ??? I've gone through this whole thread, and none of these fixes have worked for me.  :(

http://sfpiano.ionichost.com/yabbse/index.php
« Last Edit: October 09, 2002, 12:04:52 AM by Sfpiano » Logged
GameDude
Noobie

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2002, 09:08:17 PM »

I have 2 boards on seperate sites, both 1.4.1 and the one at http://gameszone.clawz.com/Board works fine but the one at http://wwwgames-station.ionichost.com/Board has this strange cookie/ login problem meaning I cannot access my admin control panel!
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2002, 06:28:38 AM »

http://www.yabb.info/community/index.php?board=158;action=display;threadid=14048

Try this, it contains all the fixes in one. Including one that isn't listed here.
wwwabbit
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2002, 06:59:19 PM »

I found out something when digging around for what this problem is (as I am stuck with it too  :-\ )

island4x4.com   FALSE   /   FALSE   2147299200   YaBBusername    wwwabbit
island4x4.com   FALSE   /   FALSE   2147299200   YaBBpassword   yyLksK4CuQ07M
wwwabbit.com   FALSE   /   FALSE   1066347914   expiretime   1066347914

This is a snapshot of my .lynx_cookie file the island4x4.com cookies are for a Yabb Gold board, and the wwwabbit.com is a cookie for the Yabb SE 1.4.1 board that I am going to throw out the window soon ;)
It seems all it is setting is the expiretime, the yabbuser and password are not getting set :-\ Anyone got a clue why?
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2002, 10:21:09 PM »

Did you try the fix posted in the link I gave yet?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  FAQ  |  Why can I not stay logged in? « previous - next »