Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 20, 2024, 04:29:11 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  FAQ  |  Why can I not stay logged in? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Why can I not stay logged in?  (Read 438487 times)
alex2k11
Noobie

I'm a llama!

Re:Why can I not stay logged in?
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2002, 06:18:52 AM »

Can some one LIKE the GOD Damn Administrator of this damn script fix this login problem??!?!?!?!? I've been crappity smacking reading messages on this forum for days and I can'r fix it. I'm really pissed of at the support you give us. phpbb is free to but they give full support.

Now can someone crappity smacking help me PLEASE RELEASE A NEW VERSION PLEASE GOD !~~!~~!~ Whats wrong with you people?

Its seems to be like I have to go back to PHPBB but I don't so come on please you guys. I can log in great now BUT the people that never been to the board CAn't

I deleted cookiies but it still works for me as if my machine Adapt with the board so that i can log in. People sign up and complain they can't crappity smacking sign in ! I've been waiting for answers so long now and now its crappity smacking Killing me............ >:(
David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2002, 06:33:49 AM »

Quote from: alex2k11 on August 11, 2002, 06:18:52 AMCan some one LIKE the GOD Damn Administrator of this damn script fix this login problem??!?!?!?!? I've been crappity smacking reading messages on this forum for days and I can'r fix it. I'm really pissed of at the support you give us. phpbb is free to but they give full support.

Now can someone crappity smacking help me PLEASE RELEASE A NEW VERSION PLEASE GOD !~~!~~!~ Whats wrong with you people?

Its seems to be like I have to go back to PHPBB but I don't so come on please you guys. I can log in great now BUT the people that never been to the board CAn't

I deleted cookiies but it still works for me as if my machine Adapt with the board so that i can log in. People sign up and complain they can't crappity smacking sign in ! I've been waiting for answers so long now and now its crappity smacking Killing me............ >:(
I think this is unfair of you to say if you have not yet posted your problems in one fo the support boards.  :-\

MI Zombie

YaBBSE Kicks @$$

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2002, 07:03:34 AM »

Take your lame ass to phpbb then.
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2002, 06:00:55 AM »

Well Crappity Smack! I'm not sure if I should laugh at your overuse of crappity smacking or help... :)

Have you tried Chris Cromer's session mod?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2002, 06:02:46 AM by Gobalopper » Logged
Nemesis
What's an Admin?
Global Moderator
YaBB God

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2002, 02:22:17 PM »

QuoteCan some one LIKE the GOD Damn Administrator of this damn script fix this login problem??!?!?!?!? I've been crappity smacking reading messages on this forum for days and I can'r fix it. I'm really pissed of at the support you give us. phpbb is free to but they give full support.

I deleted cookiies but it still works for me as if my machine Adapt with the board so that i can log in. People sign up and complain they can't crappity smacking sign in ! I've been waiting for answers so long now and now its crappity smacking Killing me............  

For one this will get you know where! We work hard on this and everyone server is diffrent. I personal don't have a stay log in problem on my server. And with over 10,000 diffrent servers and each one can be configured diffrently. Something bound to not work right. O by the way I don't have a stay log in problem here either.  ;D

Two I released 1.4.1 yesterday so try it...

Please treat us with respect. This is your first post. How are we suppose to know if you are having any problems? I am glad you are trying to use our Message Board if you need help, post a topic in one of the help board. Then we can help you out.

Thanks,
Nemesis

Want to say thanks?
DONATE or check out my WishList
Roundboy

I pretend to know everything.

ercdvs@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2002, 07:37:56 PM »

One thing I noticed on reading some PHP.net faq.

Many people had the types of errors described here (though not for forums) and have seemed to narrow it down to verisons of IE, etc not liking the "optional" settings NOT used.

For example.. the path and domain name is not requires, but some flavors of IE tended to like it a little better.

Also tied in to my previous posts of the www.domain.com vs domain.com issue is the specification of the domain name in the cookie.

I suggest changing the setcookie() notation to be:

setcookie(name,value,time, "/", ".domain.com")
The two additional parameters state use the entire directory path "/" and the ".domain.com" (note the beginning period) is to hit all variations of your site:

www.doman.com
domain.com
mail.domain.com

etc.

the beginning period is a throwback to the spec requiring TWO periods in the domain name specification to be proper.

I no longer have a cookie problem on my board.. so i can't say this is the end all, be all..  but its worth a shot.

you are just specifying explicitly what the optional values are suggesting

I have trouble seperating games from reality...
... I just used a shotgun on my mother, and she's not respawning.
medizinmann
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2002, 12:38:24 AM »

LogInOut.php

search: setCookie ($cookieusername,$username, time()+30240000,"/");
setCookie ($cookiepassword,$password, time()+30240000,"/");
setCookie ("expiretime",time()+(60*$Cookie_Length),time()+30240000,"/");

and replace with

setCookie ($cookieusername,$username, time()+30240000,"/yabbse/", ".yourdomain.com");
setCookie ($cookiepassword,$password, time()+30240000,"/yabbse/", ".yourdomain.com");
setCookie ("expiretime",time()+(60*$Cookie_Length),time()+30240000,"/yabbse/", ".yourdomain.com");

delete your old cookies and login

m.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2002, 12:43:55 AM by medizinmann » Logged
Roundboy

ercdvs@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2002, 01:08:56 AM »

Yep.. what he said :)

Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2002, 01:42:39 AM »

What about the setCookie calls in the Logout() function of LogInOut.php?

Also, shouldn't the "/yabbse/" part just be "/" since not everyone calls their directory by that name and / will work the same won't it?
medizinmann
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2002, 02:55:26 AM »

if your yabbse folder is blabla then please change yabbse with blabla, but dont make only a / if you have your yabb se in a folder!

if you only set a / then you can have trouble if you use other script´s on your domain with cookies! i know about phpnuke and a quizzscript!

m.
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2002, 03:36:04 AM »

Ah yes that makes sense. But what about the Logout()? :)
medizinmann
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2002, 02:29:21 PM »

same play again
Gobalopper
Mod Team
YaBB God

Cookie Monster

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2002, 06:41:59 PM »

This should also change in Load.php and Profile.php shouldn't it?

I noticed this in the Load.php file:
"/* clear the cookies note that in php, setCookie is called in reverse order - so we set it to an expired time 'after' clearing it */"

...yet on the PHP page about setCookie it says this is no longer true in PHP4:
" In PHP 3, multiple calls to setcookie() in the same script will be performed in reverse order. If you are trying to delete one cookie before inserting another you should put the insert before the delete. In PHP 4, multiple calls to setcookie() are performed in the order called."

Could it be the cause of the problem?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2002, 06:53:11 PM by Gobalopper » Logged
Roundboy

ercdvs@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2002, 11:50:18 PM »

That sounds like a possibility... but... then wouldn't that mean that nobodys cookies would work?

mediman
Support Team
YaBB God

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2002, 11:59:40 PM »

setcookie has in yabbse to be in the same order like deleting the cookie, right!

another prob is that ie 4 Sp1 cannot handle cookies with parameter "path"! Netscape 4.05 and IE 3 need the parameter path and time!

mediman
« Last Edit: August 29, 2002, 02:20:13 AM by mediman » Logged

mainComm Dev Team
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  FAQ  |  Why can I not stay logged in? « previous - next »