Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 29, 2024, 05:39:26 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4]Advanced Visual Warning Mod « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [beta 1.5.4]Advanced Visual Warning Mod  (Read 31948 times)
Grudge
Global Moderator

Damn llama's don't like me :(

[beta 1.5.4]Advanced Visual Warning Mod
« on: August 03, 2003, 11:07:47 AM »

Hey,

I couldn't work out which thread to post this in so I thought I'd make another :D

Anyway - this is a mix between the post moderation and visual warning mod. It adds post moderation as a warning level between basic warning and muting of a user.

The mod basically works the same as the visual warning mod so should be dead easy to use. The only change is the addition of a "post moderation" section on the admin menu for approving posts. Installation instructions are included. If you have installed either of the other two mods all you need to do is uninstall them using boardmod and install this one and upload the files. You need to run the db file but it will report errors - just ignore them :)

www.p0stwh0res.com/bins/mod/visual/AdvVisual.zip

Note: No supermod version here this time I'm afraid, Wiziwig will probably add the changes himself if he deems the mod worthwhile :D

PS - I done *some* testing on this combined version but as always PLEASE report any errors that may exist although it should be bug free :o
Surfy

I'm a llama!

Re:[beta 1.5.4]Advanced Visual Warning Mod
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 03:46:20 PM »

wow, a dream Mod!!  :D

thank you, ill see if i could test it soon!

Surfy
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 06:56:19 AM »

what are the db errors you mention?

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
Grudge
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2003, 04:27:18 PM »

Quote from: Anguz on August 04, 2003, 06:56:19 AM
what are the db errors you mention?

The db errors will only be chucked up when you run the db script that gets run once when you install the mod. These will ONLY happen if you have previously installed either the post moderation mod OR the visual warning mod. It's just becaue the columns that this mod uses would have been created when you installed the previous mod and hence it will say the column already exists.

Once you have ran the script the first time you should never see a db error again :D
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2003, 07:08:36 PM »

cool :)

btw, I tried to see the screenshots in the page you linked to in the original Visual Warning post, but only the first picture is shown... could you fix them? I'd like to see them all ;)

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
Grudge
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2003, 07:18:33 PM »

Fixed :D

I changed server from windows to linux so capital letters were causing me a headache or two :D

PS - The page is based off the standard visual warning mod but it is pretty similar...
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 09:21:07 PM »

I love it :)

you know how interested I was in this mod when it was still an idea and we were talking about it together with GWP

I was wondering if you could include a couple of features more:

1a)
have the warning level move one down after a set period of time so one can forget about it after giving it, instead of having to check the admin page for that, but still have that page to see all the members with warning levels and to do changes manually if wanted

1b)
in the window to apply a warning, have an extra field to set a number of days the warning level will remain before going one level down automatically, this way you can have different levels inside each level (it isn't the same to mute someone for 2 days than a week)

2)
send an IM to the member for every change in their warning status, not just when first applied

question: is the muted member still able to send IM or is that muted as well?

Grudge
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2003, 09:38:23 PM »

OK, many points :D

Firstly, muted members can send IMs - that way they can argue their case etc ;)

At the moment members are only sent IM's when they receive an increase in warning but this will happen every time their warning level is increased (ie they get one if they go from moderated to muted). I *can* change this so when the reverse happens (ie they lose a warning level) they get a PM.

When you say about being able to adjust the amount of time before the user has their warning downgraded do you mean asigning the time for each user individually or do you mean assigning it on a level by level case (for example, a first level warning lasts 2 weeks, moderation lasts 1 week, mute last 1 week). The latter would be a lot easier than the former. Assuming you want to only downgrade warnings one level at a time you would have to decide how long each warning would last on a user by user basis (time consuming)

As far as the whole automated idea goes I agree it is a good one. However, the amount of time it will take to go through all the users in the database is probably quite high. I could set up some method where every 12 hours the database is checked and the warning levels lowered. As part of this IM's would be sent out - but probably NOT emails as this would slow it down even more.

I can try and work on this but it won't be tonight for sure - maybe I'll get a look at it tomorrow :o
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2003, 10:27:34 PM »

about the time set for the warning, I think there should be a default value in days for each level separately in the mod settings, but also the option to change this value when applying the warning

about the script to change downgrade warning levels and send IM (I agree it's better than sending an email, they'll be notified of the IM anyway)

the auto-check to lower warnings could be done at a time with little traffic, once a day should be enough... maybe the time to do it could be specified in the mod settings too, every forum has it's own low traffic hours

does Visual Warning have it's own table to store the members warned and the level and date warned and stuff? if not, maybe it'd be the best thing to do, that way you have everything in one place and can check their status much much faster than searching the whole members table

Grudge
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2003, 10:35:12 PM »

For everything else I should be able to sort that out in a day or two I hope :)

Quote from: Anguz on August 04, 2003, 10:27:34 PM
does Visual Warning have it's own table to store the members warned and the level and date warned and stuff? if not, maybe it'd be the best thing to do, that way you have everything in one place and can check their status much much faster than searching the whole members table
It has both :D

The members has a warning column to make it quick when pulling up the member warning in display and profile. There is also a warning table with everything you could possibly need to know to know in teh issuing warnings section etc. When I make these changes everything will happen in the visualwarnings table.
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2003, 11:04:33 PM »

QuoteHowever, the amount of time it will take to go through all the users in the database is probably quite high.

QuoteThere is also a warning table with everything you could possibly need to know to know in teh issuing warnings section etc.

then updating the warning levels automatically shouldn't take so long... I don't think the warnings table will grow huge... well, maybe yes, if you save every warning even though it's been lifted

maybe it would be good to actually save old warnings in that table, that way you could be notified of previous warnings the member has received when you apply a new one (or ask for this info in the viewprofile page)

QuoteFor everything else I should be able to sort that out in a day or two I hope :)

you rock :D

Surfy

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2003, 08:35:43 PM »

Quote from: Anguz on August 04, 2003, 11:04:33 PM

you rock :D

Yes, very great Mod  :D

I love it! go ahead  :-*

Thanks 4 your work!

Surfy
Grudge
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2003, 08:44:34 PM »

FYI, I think I have done all the extras Anguz asked for and have PM'd him a link so that hopefully he can test it for me as my board is too quiet to test it well.

Hold on a few days Surfy and hopefully I'll update the link here :D
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2003, 11:05:10 PM »

sure, I'll test it :)

do you prefer I do a clean install and test it there or do you want me to test it in my active forum?

about the automation, how does one make a script run at a certain time everyday? is that done with PHP or with some Apache thing? just curious :P

Surfy

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2003, 11:41:21 PM »

Quote from: Anguz on August 05, 2003, 11:05:10 PM
about the automation, how does one make a script run at a certain time everyday? is that done with PHP or with some Apache thing? just curious :P

Good Question, I`m using a W2K / IIS Webserver.

When i look at the mute User log, it looks like it gives away inside of MySQL / PHP.

Surfy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4]Advanced Visual Warning Mod « previous - next »