Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 25, 2024, 07:05:38 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4] Visual Warning System « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [beta 1.5.4] Visual Warning System  (Read 21156 times)
Grudge
Global Moderator

Damn llama's don't like me :(

Re:[beta 1.5.4] Visual Warning System
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2003, 08:59:15 AM »

QuoteWhen I sent a warning to myself I got this and this may be because my entire sendmail functions have been rewritten.  I have added greg haase's mime format html code structor and subesquently even the yabbse problems are now fixed. You need to reach me and I'll get to you the most recent files so that you can fix this problem.. :

An Error Has Occurred!

2: Missing argument 4 for sendmail()
(/home/www/supermod/community/Sources/Subs.php ln 624)

Is there any chance you could open your copy of subs.php and PM be what it basically says in there?? I checked my unmodded board and sendmail() only takes three parameters that you need - I will fix this but I just need to know what parameters the function takes now (I'm guessing $from is no longer volentary...)

Another error,.. I defined those default images, I used only the image names.. I get this:

http://www.supermod.org/community/warnwarn.gif

That image should automaticly be in YabbImages. You need to add the YabbImages path variable to the code where it posts those images.

I have just fixed this!! Can't believe I didn't do this! Also updated the db file to make the default images used by default...

QuoteAnother Error. I am not able to modify my own msg that was marked warned (great idea, but as a admin this should be an exception to that rule). Also, I see the warn button under my own posts and even though this is good for my experiments logically it wouldnt make sense to keep it this way.

As GWP said I don't see why you would warn yourself but I guess that a stupid moderator could think it was funny to warn you. Now you DON'T see a warn button next to admins/global mods. admins and global mods CANNOT be warned. Also authorised people can now modify a warned post of theirs.

QuoteAnother error. When you remove the warn status from the user the warn image link in the post is not being removed:

What do you mean by this? If you mean that the original warning message isn't being removed then that was intentional. I thought it was better to leave the warning message there so that other users can see that the users behaviour was unacceptable so they get an idea of the forum rules. That said the offending message does become 'unlocked' from modification after it is no longer the last warning the user received so if the user is that bothered they could edit the message out. It would be relatively easy for me to change this I guess - if this is what you mean tell me and I'll try and make it an option.

Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone!! As annoying as bug reports are it's REALLY good to receive them so I know what needs fixing! Wiziwig - if you could just pm me with some more info on the sendmail bug I would appreciate it :D

Zips now updated! Don't forget to uninstall the mod before you copy the new version over to boardmod. Updated files (for an upgrade) are:
display.php
visualwarning.php
modifymessage.php

I think that is it :D
Grudge
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2003, 09:05:38 AM »

Quote from: David on July 26, 2003, 12:35:51 AM
Wow, over and beyond the common mode.  This looks great.  The only thing I would do to customize it is allow the admin to define a different number of warning levels.  I could see this very useful at a lot of places.  ;D
What do you mean exactly?I just don't know what the other warning levels would be useful for - unless you mean a bit like a star system - where the more stars you get the worst your behaviour - and then one warning level would be the level at which users are muted and the other the level at which they are banned.

I guess it is quite plausible to do and may be used. I have to work on a file upload mod this weekend for an important part of my site. I may try adding this idea into this mod next week when I have some free time!
GWP

A total PHP MySQL Novice :) - but getting better!

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2003, 09:15:49 AM »

QuoteI have just fixed this!! Can't believe I didn't do this! Also updated the db file to make the default images used by default...
Grudge, do people who installed this mod (either 1.5x or SuperMod) before your update need to re-run the db file to complete the upgrade?

YabbSE 1.5.1rc Mods:AdvIm, Member Map, Password Prompt, Report to mod, Smilies SE 2.0, Bio, collapsable_yabb, Ignore user, Name, allowed user, search member, enchanced ban, posts per day, Mute User, Memberlist Plus,Who,ExactPostLink. Remove_Clicklog,mc_BoldOwnThreads.QuickReply, UserEnableDisableCensor, RefererMod, lastlogin_profile,PostBasedImRestrict, ExactPostLink, UserBrowsing,
Wiziwig

Programmer and Users Liason and Manager

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2003, 09:39:30 AM »

Your right on the money with your guess. I sent you email.

I will fix this but I just need to know what parameters the function takes now (I'm guessing $from is no longer volentary...)

Grudge
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2003, 09:40:50 AM »

Quote from: GWP on July 26, 2003, 09:15:49 AM
QuoteI have just fixed this!! Can't believe I didn't do this! Also updated the db file to make the default images used by default...
Grudge, do people who installed this mod (either 1.5x or SuperMod) before your update need to re-run the db file to complete the upgrade?

No. It's just to make it easier for people installing the first time as they won't need to manually enter the image names
Grudge
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2003, 09:55:07 AM »

Quote from: Wiziwig on July 26, 2003, 09:39:30 AM
Your right on the money with your guess. I sent you email.

I will fix this but I just need to know what parameters the function takes now (I'm guessing $from is no longer volentary...)

OK. I have downloaded the mod in question and it appears the author changed the prototype for the function. I don't really want to have to release two versions of the mod just to work with someone elses (it's not that $from is no longer default but that there is an added parameter in the new $sendmail)

I have posted a recommendation in the thread that the author make some changes. To get my mod to work right on the board you can do one of two things at the moment. Either make the change I suggested in his thread:
http://www.yabbse.org/community/index.php?board=158

Which should cause no errors. Either that or you can search for:
         if($emailto!='')
         sendmail($emailto, $txt[561], $txt[562]);

and replace it with:
         if($emailto!='')
         sendmail($emailto, $txt[561], $txt[562], $txt[562]);

Personally I recommend the former option as the same problem will crop up with any other mods that use email in some way

Wiziwig

Programmer and Users Liason and Manager

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2003, 10:08:50 AM »

Sent you more mail about the other error I took care of.

GWP

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2003, 10:50:47 AM »

Wiziwig
Could you please answer my question, posted earlier, about what version you are using.
As this is a YabbSE board, do we presume its that version you are talking about?

YabbSE 1.5.1rc Mods:AdvIm, Member Map, Password Prompt, Report to mod, Smilies SE 2.0, Bio, collapsable_yabb, Ignore user, Name, allowed user, search member, enchanced ban, posts per day, Mute User, Memberlist Plus,Who,ExactPostLink. Remove_Clicklog,mc_BoldOwnThreads.QuickReply, UserEnableDisableCensor, RefererMod, lastlogin_profile,PostBasedImRestrict, ExactPostLink, UserBrowsing,
Grudge
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2003, 11:12:03 AM »

GWP - don't worry - it's a small bug but one that won't affect the mod performance at all - and just the supermod version. It was just to do with the link from the admin section - nothing big!!
GWP

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2003, 11:20:00 AM »

Ok, TY Grudge :)

Surfy

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2003, 03:58:44 AM »

does i need the "Mute User" Mod for warning Level 2?

Quoteen a user goes into level 2 they are automatically muted and when they reach
level 3 automatically banned - you need to do nothing else.

How does it works? When a User is muted, how could he reach the next Level (Banned)

My english isnt very well, perhaps someone could explain it more easily...

It would be cool to have 4 Levels.

1) Warning 1
2) Warning 2
3.) Mute User
4.) Banned

Surfy
« Last Edit: July 27, 2003, 04:03:38 AM by Surfy » Logged
haase

Do you feel lucky?

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2003, 04:11:53 AM »

Those of you who are using the HTML email mod can try this:

<edit file>
Sources/VisualWarning.php
</edit file>

<search for>
  global $warnid, $level, $warningmsg, $back, $threadid, $start, $yySetLocation;
</search for>

<add after>
  global $etxt;
</add after>

<search for>
        $txt[561] = str_replace ('SUBJECT', $txt[visual31], $txt[561]);
        $txt[561] = str_replace ('SENDER', $mbname, $txt[561]);
        $txt[562] = str_replace ('DATE', strip_tags($mydate), $txt[562]);
        $txt[562] = str_replace ('MESSAGE', strip_tags($immessage), $txt[562]);
        $txt[562] = str_replace ('SENDER', $mbname, $txt[562]);
        if($emailto!='')
        sendmail($emailto, $txt[561], $txt[562]);
</search for>

<replace>
        $txt[561] = str_replace ('SUBJECT', $txt[visual31], $txt[561]);
        $txt[561] = str_replace ('SENDER', $mbname, $txt[561]);
        $txt[562] = str_replace ('DATE', strip_tags($mydate), $txt[562]);
        $txt[562] = str_replace ('MESSAGE', strip_tags($immessage), $txt[562]);
        $txt[562] = str_replace ('SENDER', $mbname, $txt[562]);

//get the html template
        $emailTemplate = file('email_template.php');

//create the html version
        $content = array();
        $content['salutation'] = "$txt[561]";
        $content['body'] = "$txt[562]";
        $content['closing'] = "$etxt[7],<br />$etxt[h8]";
        $message_html = setupEmail($content, $emailTemplate);

//create the plaintext version
             $message_text = $txt[562];

sendmail($emailto, $txt[561], $message_html, $message_text);
</replace>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2003, 04:12:21 AM by haase » Logged
Grudge
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2003, 08:39:11 AM »

haasa - thanks for that!

Surfy - You don't need the mute mod no. It's a good question how someone could go from mute to banned :D However, you can jump several levels at a time so if someone does something serious you can take them straight to banned - the good thing about this mod is it will leave "banned" next to that users posts so other members will know he has gone.

Also - you may have a user you are persistantly muting so you just decide to take him straight to banned.

I may add another warning level shortly. I am working on a post moderation mod today so I am thinking of making that a warning level on this mod between first warning and mute (where the user CAN post but his posts have to be approved first)
GWP

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2003, 01:30:55 PM »

Grudge
Does the above post by haase make both the mods compatible?
Also is this fix the one you suggested to haase on his thead (Html Emails) that will work with any future mods that require emails?

Grudge
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2003, 02:48:33 PM »

GWP, what haase typed will make the two mods compatible yes. It won't make any other mods that need email work but then again I don't think they are many (if any) mods that require use of the email function so I guess it won't be a problem :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4] Visual Warning System « previous - next »