Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 19, 2024, 10:10:08 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4] Visual Warning System « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [beta 1.5.4] Visual Warning System  (Read 21118 times)
Grudge
Global Moderator

Damn llama's don't like me :(

[beta 1.5.4] Visual Warning System
« on: July 24, 2003, 08:26:53 PM »

This mod will allow you to provide a warning system to your users that is easy for all members to see and basically does what is requested in this thread:

http://www.yabbse.org/community/index.php?thread=24818

For a detailed explanation of the mod ( and screenshots) browse to this link:
www.p0stwh0res.com/bins/mod/visual/visinfo.html

The basics of the mod is that users can go into three warning states - warning, mute and banned. When a unacceptable post is spotted you can click the "warn" button to give the user a warning. The warning level is then choosen and a description of why the warning issued written. This description is appended to the post in question - the user also received an IM AND email directing them to their 'illegal' post.

If a second warning is issued the user is made mute and can no longer post - the third stage is an automatic ban.

The mod also includes a management link from the admin section to mass reduce warning levels to make policing the warning system easy

Basically all this info and more is available in the link posted above.

Many thanks to GWP for suggesting this mod and for helping me to test it. GWP also helped adapt the mod for use with the current supermod board. Hence I have two links here. the first is for the standard clean boardmod file, the second is for installation on a supermod board. Read instructions.txt for installation instructions. Note - mod only includes english language files at current!

Boardmod link:
www.p0stwh0res.com/bins/mod/visual/Visual.zip

supermod version:
www.p0stwh0res.com/bins/mod/visual/Visual_supermod.zip

Please report all bugs here!!

Note: I assume this will probably work on all 1.5.x versions but it's not tested. This is tested on a CLEAN install of 1.5.4 and a CLEAN install of supermod - you may need to adjust the mod file for your other mods
GWP

A total PHP MySQL Novice :) - but getting better!

Re:[beta 1.5.4] Visual Warning System
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 09:54:50 PM »

QuoteGWP also helped adapt the mod for use with the current supermod board.
If installing it on my supermod board and reporting back any problems for Grudge to fix is helping, then Ok.
But thats all i did.

A wonderful mod :)

YabbSE 1.5.1rc Mods:AdvIm, Member Map, Password Prompt, Report to mod, Smilies SE 2.0, Bio, collapsable_yabb, Ignore user, Name, allowed user, search member, enchanced ban, posts per day, Mute User, Memberlist Plus,Who,ExactPostLink. Remove_Clicklog,mc_BoldOwnThreads.QuickReply, UserEnableDisableCensor, RefererMod, lastlogin_profile,PostBasedImRestrict, ExactPostLink, UserBrowsing,
charlottezweb

charlottezweb.com

ICQ - 101387162 WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 11:23:13 PM »

Looks fantastic!!

Anyone else implemented this?

Jason

"yabb-sense makes the heart grow fonder"
-----------------------------------------------------
Charlottezweb.com
Reliable, well-supported & affordable hosting and design.  Free Yabbse installs.
Wiziwig

Programmer and Users Liason and Manager

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 11:29:55 PM »

Wow!~ I really enjoy seeing things like this. I will make sure the distribution Supermod has this added in it, as we try to keep mod authoring and addons within the Supermod team people. Thank you for this contribution and if you would consider I would enjoy having your talents as a formally registered and authorized Supermod team member. Let me know what you think of this offer via Supermod.org.  

GWP

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2003, 12:12:16 AM »

QuoteThank you for this contribution and if you would consider I would enjoy having your talents as a formally registered and authorized Supermod team member. Let me know what you think of this offer via Supermod.org.
Hear Hear :)

YabbSE 1.5.1rc Mods:AdvIm, Member Map, Password Prompt, Report to mod, Smilies SE 2.0, Bio, collapsable_yabb, Ignore user, Name, allowed user, search member, enchanced ban, posts per day, Mute User, Memberlist Plus,Who,ExactPostLink. Remove_Clicklog,mc_BoldOwnThreads.QuickReply, UserEnableDisableCensor, RefererMod, lastlogin_profile,PostBasedImRestrict, ExactPostLink, UserBrowsing,
David
Destroyer Dave
Global Moderator
YaBB God

I'm not a llama!

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2003, 12:35:51 AM »

Wow, over and beyond the common mode.  This looks great.  The only thing I would do to customize it is allow the admin to define a different number of warning levels.  I could see this very useful at a lot of places.  ;D

Wiziwig

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2003, 01:20:23 AM »

Added. But, there was a few mistakes..  One of them I corrected. The other, well. YOu need to look into this..

When I sent a warning to myself I got this and this may be because my entire sendmail functions have been rewritten.  I have added greg haase's mime format html code structor and subesquently even the yabbse problems are now fixed. You need to reach me and I'll get to you the most recent files so that you can fix this problem.. :

An Error Has Occurred!

2: Missing argument 4 for sendmail()
(/home/www/supermod/community/Sources/Subs.php ln 624)

Wiziwig

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2003, 01:25:24 AM »

Another error,.. I defined those default images, I used only the image names.. I get this:

http://www.supermod.org/community/warnwarn.gif

That image should automaticly be in YabbImages. You need to add the YabbImages path variable to the code where it posts those images.

Wiziwig

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2003, 01:27:31 AM »

Another Error. I am not able to modify my own msg that was marked warned (great idea, but as a admin this should be an exception to that rule). Also, I see the warn button under my own posts and even though this is good for my experiments logically it wouldnt make sense to keep it this way.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2003, 03:20:12 AM by Wiziwig » Logged

Wiziwig

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2003, 01:34:34 AM »

Another error. When you remove the warn status from the user the warn image link in the post is not being removed:

GWP

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2003, 08:23:25 AM »

QuoteAnother error. When you remove the warn status from the user the warn image link in the post is not being removed:
This is not an error, the original message is left there in the post as a reminder. The status of the warned member will have changed if you reduce the level. (As seen in the info box)

Which version are you installing Wiziwig?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2003, 08:39:15 AM by GWP » Logged

GWP

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2003, 08:31:37 AM »

Quote from: Wiziwig on July 26, 2003, 01:20:23 AM
Added. But, there was a few mistakes..  1. One of them I corrected. The other, well. YOu need to look into this..

2. When I sent a warning to myself I got this and this may be because my entire sendmail functions have been rewritten.  I have added greg haase's mime format html code structor and subesquently even the yabbse problems are now fixed. You need to reach me and I'll get to you the most recent files so that you can fix this problem.. :

An Error Has Occurred!

2: Missing argument 4 for sendmail()
(/home/www/supermod/community/Sources/Subs.php ln 624)

Wiziwig,
1. What did you correct?
2. I have just tried it on my test install of SuperMod (0619) and i get no errors when i warn myself??

GWP

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2003, 08:38:03 AM »

QuoteAnother error,.. I defined those default images, I used only the image names.. I get this:

http://www.supermod.org/community/warnwarn.gif

That image should automaticly be in YabbImages. You need to add the YabbImages path variable to the code where it posts those images.
My fault for not pointing this out to Grudge, I didn't realise that variable could be used. I know there is help defining the path to the images available on Grudge's forum (see Mod Ideas).
Good point though.

GWP

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2003, 08:44:59 AM »

QuoteAnother Error. I am not able to modify my own msg that was marked warned (great idea, but as a admin this should be an exception to that rule).
The idea is to stop members from modifying their posts and removing the text warning.
I tested it on a sample member (why would an admin want to warn himself??)
QuoteAlso, I see the warn button under my own posts and even though this is good for my experiments logically it wouldnt make sense to keep it this way.
Why not, I don't understand your reasoning Wiziwig?

GWP

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2003, 08:52:42 AM »

Quote from: David on July 26, 2003, 12:35:51 AM
Wow, over and beyond the common mode.  This looks great.  The only thing I would do to customize it is allow the admin to define a different number of warning levels.  I could see this very useful at a lot of places.  ;D
We were working on the idea that 3 warnings are enough. You can go straight to level 3 (ban) if you want or give them multiple warnings of the same level.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [beta 1.5.4] Visual Warning System « previous - next »