Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 29, 2024, 05:54:44 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  How to write a mod « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: How to write a mod  (Read 149755 times)
tuntis

Now connecting......Succesfully completed...

tuntis@hotmail.com
Re:How to write a mod
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2003, 01:18:18 PM »

Any YaBB pak servers??

BEEEEEP...Internet connection started...Dialing to www.yabbse.org/community... Dialing to ns1.infodoma.com... Completed...Please wait...Dialing to www.sourceforge.net...Please wait...BEEP BIIP BEEP calling to 2123-13231838423238429489273942312389248...
tuntis

Now connecting......Succesfully completed...

tuntis@hotmail.com
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2003, 03:44:44 PM »

I'm making my own mod!!

BEEEEEP...Internet connection started...Dialing to www.yabbse.org/community... Dialing to ns1.infodoma.com... Completed...Please wait...Dialing to www.sourceforge.net...Please wait...BEEP BIIP BEEP calling to 2123-13231838423238429489273942312389248...
oldiesmann
YaBB God

Jesus died for your sins... Have you thanked him?

oldiesmann@oldiesmann.us WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2003, 04:59:41 PM »

Two things...

First - try to follow the examples of other mod writers. If you're including a new php file, make sure all the actions are defined in index.php, because this saves bandwidth and is a lot faster.

Second - make a note in the mod file that it is covered by the Terms of Service. This may not seem important, but we have had issues recently with people stealing mods for use with other forums. I don't want to go into detail, so just make a note that the mod is covered by the Terms of Service to help prevent mod theft.

Third - test the mod thoroughly, and make sure everything works like it should. I try to do this, but since I often "mod in realtime" (make changes to files right on the server via net2ftp.com) and then try to create a seperate mod file based on the changes I've made elsewhere, I often miss a lot of bugs.

Other than that, have fun, and be creative. If you run into problems, feel free to ask for help. I'm sure a lot of developers will gladly give you advice and help you out.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2003, 06:18:09 PM by oldiesmann » Logged

"I've sinned greatly, but Christ's for real, baby
It's a wonder He saved me and just didn't hate me
So won't you tell Him "Save me"
Please stand up, please stand up, please stand up..." - J. Jackson (More Info)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Mod Ideas and Creation  |  How to write a mod « previous - next »