Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 24, 2024, 04:33:24 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  FAQ  |  Will I need to install MySQL first? Will this require database experience? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: Will I need to install MySQL first? Will this require database experience?  (Read 8560 times)
Joseph Fung
Global Moderator
YaBB God

Keep smiling: it makes others nervous.

Will I need to install MySQL first? Will this require database experience?
« on: December 18, 2001, 07:10:52 PM »

Right now YaBB SE requires MySQL to be installed on the server (although we are working towards MSSQL and Postgres SQL support).

Unless you own the server, chances are your host will need to install MySQL (not you) and it isn't hard - the developers at mysql.com are really great.

No, database experience isn't necessary, but it would help.

JS
Noobie

Re:Will I need to install MySQL first? Will this require database experience?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2002, 02:59:49 AM »

So, if im not the owner of the server basically all i can do is beg them to install MySQL, right? :'(
alexrolko
Re:Will I need to install MySQL first? Will this require database experience?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2002, 04:03:10 AM »

if your on a paid host you'd probably have to upgrade plans or switch to get mySQL. if its a free host then most likely your S.O.L.
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  FAQ  |  Will I need to install MySQL first? Will this require database experience? « previous - next »