Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 25, 2024, 06:32:44 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Alpha 1.5.4] phpNuke Integration 0.2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Alpha 1.5.4] phpNuke Integration 0.2  (Read 54937 times)
gandolphxx
Noobie

Novice Admin

gandolphxx@hotmail.com WWW
Re:[Alpha 1.5.4] phpNuke Integration 0.2
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2003, 02:33:34 AM »

This is quite interesting - seems to be an alternative to pfabb which seems to be taking forever to get a news content portion.
lilb
Noobie

Never mess with a 5foot2 readheaded Sicilian!

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2003, 03:34:37 AM »

Hmmmm...I was thinking...

Would it be possible to, say, do a fresh install of a YaBB in a newly created directory and populate the database with the info that i have for my current board (except not the info that tells the yabb which tables to read from), and then run the mod?  It makes sense that I wouldnt be losing any of my info in the conversion, nor would I be  running the risk of my current board taking a nosedive on me.  

Just thinking aloud...   :)
Nerd3d

Happy Rendering

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2003, 03:56:46 AM »

Goooo! yes yes. This is what I've been waiting for. I want to build a "managed" site ani I wan to use YaBB.
lilb
Noobie

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2003, 04:18:42 AM »

well, I've decided to test my theory this evening...will let you know if its sucessful, or if I kill my current board...lol!
docbones
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2003, 11:46:57 AM »

I am interested very interested, been waiting along time for this, I hope you continue with it. thanks. ::)
Guardian2003
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2003, 12:58:09 PM »

Me Too!
I used Yabb when it first went into Yabb SE release and it was fantastic.
I only changed because I need a portal to fulfill my needs.
If you can get these two to work seamlessly, then I would be one among many to use it.

Another consideration would HAVE to be the ability to move posts from the current php nuke board into Yabb, not eveyone will be happy to lose all their valuable posts.
lilb
Noobie

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2003, 04:40:29 AM »

Well, so far so good....well, as far as installing the mod goes anyhow.  Beyond that, ohhh boy, there are definately bugs to work out.

[Unknown] is probably gonna not like me by the time he gets back, hehe...he'll have a whole list just starin him in the face, waitin for his hero-like expertise.   ;D

Heres what I've done so far, and the problems that have arisen...

1. I found out that this mod will not work with a myphpnuke.  That was what I originally had installed...but it was lame anyhow, so I did a fresh install of Nuke 6.5 (minus the /modules/Forums/*.*).  In place of the phpbb, I installed the YaBBSE.

2. After the YaBB was in, I went to the package server and got the mod and ran it as per instructions.  Yes, it did indeed integrate the yabb ito the nuke modules!  I clicked on "Forums" from the modules menu, and voila, there it was!  But...it was also telling me i had to login...

3. I clicked "Login"....ummm, and I ended up on my 404 page.  Same thing when I clicked "Register".

Here's the errors:
login -  it *should* be taking me to
/modules/Forums/index.php?board=;action=login

but instead it takes me to
/modules/Forums/modules.php?name=Forums&board=;action=login

register - *should* take me to
/modules/Forums/index.php?board=;action=register

but instead, it takes me to
/modules/Forums/modules.php?name=Forums&board=;action=register

and now, I'm really really tired...lol..so I aint gonna mess withthis no more tonite.  siiigh!

But...It DOES work!

*doin a little snoopy dance!*
Darkone
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2003, 06:09:35 AM »

WOW YaBB & PHP-Nuke?
now this is a good thing, i love YaBB & PHP-Nuke
Great idea, yes please continue the work :)
lilb
Noobie

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2003, 10:49:28 PM »

HA!  I do believe I figured out just how to possibly fix the little problem of the login and register (as well as any other actions from the menu)!  

the mod is not properly changing the info that the mysql database receives in the way of URL's that these buttons link to...rather than a link to /modules.php I'm thinking it should be /index.php because that's what exists in the directory, afterall.  

Off to test my theory...thank the gods for phpmyadmin, i tell ya!  :P
tmcguire
Noobie

Whip-pa-Chaw!!!

ICQ - 1334314
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2003, 01:25:04 AM »

YESS!!! FINALLY SOMEONE STEPS UP THE PLATE!!

I would gladly offer hosting space for this mod.

-T
sol812
Noobie

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2003, 11:00:19 PM »

this subject is a very hot one -  a lot of people have ask for YABB support to intergrate into most famous portal systems - I have seen a lot of questions been made -

I have a big network of school system with many yabb board   PHP and PERL vertions - I know we wait also here for PHP nuke / Post nuke support - and we also hope later other cms systems will be supportet  . 1 company I was surprise about - and made a very fast and honest support was from http://www.envolution.com  a new CMS - shut be 98% postnuke compatible with modes and thems - and have a professional steff behind the carpet -  also MYPHPNUKE.com is a strong performer -

KEEP the good work going - we will do out job from here make yabb even more famous - and thanks to all staff people with yabb who help make this possible -

kind regards
sol812
my bbs : http://www.sol812.com ( powered by perl)
lilb
Noobie

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2003, 01:20:08 AM »

>:( well, that theory sucked!  >:(
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2003, 08:01:31 AM »

Quote from: lilb on July 03, 2003, 01:20:08 AM
>:( well, that theory sucked!  >:(

No.... It should NOT be index.php.  It's supposed to be modules.php.

I built it to work for /modules/Forum/ but Forums *might* work.  I really dunno, I said "at your own risk".

Umm, anyhow... it should be off modules.php.  If not, the mod was not completely installed.  This is a requirement for proper phpNuke integration.

-[Unknown]
lilb
Noobie

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2003, 04:27:20 AM »

[Unknown] - was jsut one of my "bright ideas that didn't work" type things..lol!  I do understand that it should be and why it is off modules.php.  I actually did get it to work for a minute...till it asked me to log in, and the menu buttons werent properly routed.    and the nuke folder *is* Forums...maybe the missing "s" could be helpful if added.

Just thinking out loud...  ::)
rito2k
Noobie

Alguien ha bordao tu cuerpo con hilos d mi ansiedá

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2003, 10:22:04 AM »

Hi everybody there!

Maybe remember me for having the Yabbse Help translated to Spanish a time ago, but thats only a simple note.

I recently heard about this project and the needed support to make the Yabbse integration into PhpNuke as a module. Do you have any idea of how much time I've been waiting this great idea??

With a community of more than 2500 users in my web, I still use my lovely Yabbse forum, but had been thinking of moving it to Phpbb just because of its integration into PhpNuke.

Having heard about this project has opened a ray of light for me in this dark world of php-webs.

The answer is: YES!! My support to this great idea is given since now, and just mail me if any help needed for testing the many releases till the final one.

No problem 4 me of course of having the module translated to Spanish, just let me get to know. I'm really looking forward of having this great forum in my nuked site. Go on man!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Alpha 1.5.4] phpNuke Integration 0.2 « previous - next »