Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 19, 2024, 06:43:43 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  zeroforum « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: zeroforum  (Read 5480 times)
Pam683
Noobie

I'm a llama!

zeroforum
« on: September 18, 2003, 02:45:53 AM »

Anybody know how to convert a zeroforum to YabbSE?
http://www.zeroforum.com/

This is a friend's monthly paid forum so there's no direct FTP access to the server; however they offer a feature that promises the following:
Quote"The ZeroLink integration system allows external servers to directly access and manipulate the ZeroForum database. All communication between the client and ZeroForum server consists of specially constructed XML documents.

We provide a Perl module (ZeroLink.pm) and a sample client script (zero_client.pl). If your web server can execute perl scripts, this is the easiest method of integration with the ZeroForum server. However, the code itself may be quite educational in building your own integration routines in your scripting language of choice. In addition, a description of the latest ZeroForum database schema is included below."
The existing forum has over 8500 posts so it would be nice if I could help my friend convert to this wonderful free board.

I have installed a custom YaBB 1 Gold - SP1.1 board with mods on a different site. Had excellent results, and it never failed once in over a year. So I'm no stranger to Yabb but I'm not an expert at PHP, either. I'm not bad at finding my way through confusing code when necessary. I'm well-versed in HTML and CSS.

Is this something I can do on my own? Any advice would be wonderful.

Thanks!  :D
Pam
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Converters  |  zeroforum « previous - next »