Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 29, 2024, 11:44:00 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.4.1 & 1.5.X] Hide Db Password (yet still change it) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done 1.4.1 & 1.5.X] Hide Db Password (yet still change it)  (Read 7999 times)
Jack.R.Abbit
Mod Team
YaBB God

RACE FOR SPENT!

Re:[Done 1.4.1 & 1.5.X] Hide Db Password (yet still change it)
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2003, 02:52:45 PM »

First off... I really only do YaBBPaks... I don't do BoardMod.  Some Mod authors only do BoardMod... I only do YaBBPaks.  Having said that, the best way to install the mod is to download the YaBBPak via the Package Manager of your board and install it that way.  Barring that, the zip file contains everything used to construct the YaBBPak and is about 99.9% of what you need to either do a BoardMod install or a manual install.  Thankfully this mod is pretty simple so I think I can talk you through it.  There should be two versions of the modification file (*.mod)... choose the one that best fits your version of YaBB SE.  And open it in your favorit text editor.  The .mod is in this format:

<file>
**** Name of File to be Modified ****
</file>

<search>
**** String to be Searched 4 ****
</search>

<replace|add|before>
**** Modification to be Made
</replace|add|before>

You will want to open the file that is meant to be modified.... search for the string to be search for... and the either replace it with the modification, add it directly after it or add it directly before it (depending on what the mod istruction indicates)

After you have performed all the modification instructions, upload the file and you should be up and running.  (as a side note, some mods require a database modifiaction file to be run... this one does not)

Finally... be very careful when performing these "search and change" steps... because there are too many unknowns (to me) when a person does a hand install, I won't be ableto help you out too much... be thankful this only has 2 modifications.

-Jack

Oh... and if you decide you want to use BoardMod... BoardMod does not understand the same modification instructions so it would need to be translated... (not too hard but not something I'll do)

<--------  Mods by Jack  -------->
Package Server: http://www.modsbydesign.com/mods.by.jack/yabbse/ (now serving)

|----------------------------------------------|
|                                              |
|          DON'T PM ME FOR SUPPORT!             |
|                                              |
|----------------------------------------------|
MartinB
Noobie

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2003, 04:08:02 PM »

installed mod successfully,

however, let me get this right, if i wanted to run a forum for a friend, they cud just uninstall the mod and then view the password couldn't they?

also, i tried to remove the mod, and still cant see the password so im confused lol ??? have i just contradicted myself
Ben_S
Disciple of Joe
Support Team
YaBB God

I Love YaBB SE!

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2003, 05:33:00 PM »

goto the admin page and take a look at the package manager/yabbpak options  :)
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.4.1 & 1.5.X] Hide Db Password (yet still change it) « previous - next »