Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
March 28, 2024, 09:10:23 AM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  READ THIS FIRST: Common Questions for 1.5.x « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: READ THIS FIRST: Common Questions for 1.5.x  (Read 57225 times)
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
READ THIS FIRST: Common Questions for 1.5.x
« on: March 27, 2003, 01:40:17 AM »

• Why are all my moderators one link on the boardindex?
  • Upgrade to 1.5.1 or higher.

• Why do I have to hit refresh to see my board everytime I go to it?
  • Upgrade to 1.5.1 or higher.

• When I/my users login without selecting 'always stay logged in', we get automatically logged out.  How can I fix this?
  • You need to change the forum time offset in your control panel - it is not set correctly.

• How come after I install/upgrade and login, I can't access the administration panel?
  • Check your cookie settings.  Make sure the URL you installed with (ie. www.mycommunity.com) matches with the URL you are being sent to on your board. (ie. mycommunity.com)
  • You may also want to check Settings.php - in 1.5.1 or higher you should have a line that sets $cookiename to something.  If you have $cookieusername and $cookiepassword instead, that's the problem.

• Why is it that my moderators don't have any power?
  • Check the capitalization of their names.  If you put "Natalie" and their username is "natalie", they won't be able to moderate anything.

• I keep getting an error to do with mysql_fetch_array or "Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource" after I upgrade.... why is that?
  • You didn't upload all the necessary files.  Make sure you upload all the files found in the zip to your server, in the proper directories.

• I get an error that says "Database Error" when I go to my forum after upgrading.
  • You didn't run upgrade.php.  Note that you have to click next twice...

• The read indicators don't show up after upgrade!
  • Make sure you are using the newest version of you language file.  Unfortunately, some language files have not yet been updated.

• After I log in, some things won't work.  (ie. deleting posts, etc.)
  • Clear your cookies.  Sometimes they get messed up, which makes your browser and YaBB SE both confused.

(Contributed by Spaceman-Spiff.)
  • Why does everyone in my forum have a broken ICQ image although most of them haven't filled the ICQ number?
  • this is a bug in 1.5.0, please upgrade to 1.5.1 or higher.

• I get an error related to ob_start() in the admin center... why?
  • Disable output compression.  Don't worry, your host has it forced on, and it can't be turned on twice.  (what's causing this error.)

• I keep seeing something like this on pages on my board, or I get a blank page:
    Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp\sess_95a5190c25bb3baf58142568cd5c1036, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in C:\Inetpub\something\index.php on line 78
    Is there a solution?
  • Yes, the value of session.save_path in php.ini needs to be repaired.  Set it to something like C:\WINDOWS\Temp, or ask your host to.

I ([Unknown]) consider this a bug in PHP.  Please vote for my bug here:
    bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=26757

• I get "Failure In Submission Form.  Session Timeout" errors a lot... but only when posting.  What's wrong?
  • You're using a buggy version of PHP - 4.1.2.  This error is cause by a known bug in the version.... it can be solved by upgrading to any newer verion.  (you'll have to bug your host, but why are they running a buggy version?)

• Threads with attachments or images in them load very slowly... can this be remedied?
  • Please try checking "Installed 'Mods' Preferences and Settings", and make sure your max width and heighth of posted images are set to 0.

• I don't want IPs shown to all visitors!
  • Don't worry, they aren't - only to administrators, such as yourself ;).
If you need further help, please start a new thread.

-[Unknown]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 02:03:56 AM by [Unknown] » Logged
[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
READ THIS FIRST: Common Problems and Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 03:52:56 AM »

Please check this thread for any non installation related problems:
http://www.yabbse.org/community/index.php?thread=20698

Before posting, please ensure that...
  • You uploaded all files in the proper modes, as defined by readme.html.

• You remembered to chmod your install (yabbse, forum, etc.) directory to 777 with your FTP client.

• You have all the correct MySQL login and database information from your host, and they support MySQL.

• PHP is enabled on your server.

• You have searched for the issue to make sure it hasn't been covered already.
Please remember, this board is *only* for installation issues.  If installation went well, please post in one of the other two boards.

If you keep getting stuff like this:
Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp\sess_95a5190c25bb3baf58142568cd5c1036, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in C:\Inetpub\something\index.php on line 78
Is there a solution?
Then the value of session.save_path in php.ini needs to be repaired.  Set it to something like C:\WINDOWS\Temp, or ask your host to.

I ([Unknown]) consider this a bug in PHP.  Please vote for my bug here:
bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=26757

Thank you,
-[Unknown]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 02:04:32 AM by [Unknown] » Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  English User Help  |  English Help  |  READ THIS FIRST: Common Questions for 1.5.x « previous - next »