Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 25, 2024, 09:25:30 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.2] Ultimate Shoutbox v.1.1 « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: [Done 1.5.2] Ultimate Shoutbox v.1.1  (Read 6487 times)
bash
Noobie

Re:[Done 1.5.2] Ultimate Shoutbox v.1.1
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2003, 10:44:16 AM »

greghaase - I see your using PfaBB and looking to upgrade to this tonight.

Already have a shoutbox on my site, but wondered how easy is it to implement yours into the PfaBB?

Noticed on your site you have it on the right hand of the screen for example.
haase

Do you feel lucky?

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2003, 12:50:40 PM »

I actually wrote the scipt for PfaBB, then found out it would work for YaBB SE with minimal tweaking.  The only real difference is, in YaBB SE you put <yabb shout> somewhere in your template.  In PfaBB, you put <yabb shout> into a block.  Then you just give the block a title and put it where ever you want (left, right, top, or bottom).  So it's actually a little bit easier to manage (IMHO).  Also, you can control who gets to see each block, so if you only want members to see your shoutbox, you set up the block that way.  In Yabb SE you can only control who gets to shout.
haase

Do you feel lucky?

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2003, 12:55:35 PM »

Quote from: loudog on May 15, 2003, 09:13:50 AM
Thanks a bunch, what ever you did to the new shout.php file, fixed all three problems?

Are you asking a question?  The answer is "I don't know for sure until you try it and tell me."

The delete button - page not displayed error should be fixed.  The PHP_AUTO_FILE prompt might be fixed, and the <HR> thing is not fixed.

I need you to verify that the <HR> is not working at all, or it's working on some pages and not others.  It will definitely NOT work from the mod settings page.  This is because that page translates the tags so that you can see them in the forms.  When it does that, it transforms them in the shoutbox too.  As this happens in admin only screens, I don't let it bother me.
scarter
Noobie

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2003, 08:51:09 PM »

This may have been answered before (although I can't find it), but why does the shoutbox scroll using Internet Explorer but not when using Mozilla/Netscape?
haase

Do you feel lucky?

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2003, 10:05:31 PM »

It scrolls on both the Mozilla and Pheonix browsers that I'm using.   ???
GauGau
Noobie

Klugscheisserei grood recht!

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2003, 08:19:21 AM »

Quote from: scarter on May 15, 2003, 08:51:09 PM
This may have been answered before (although I can't find it), but why does the shoutbox scroll using Internet Explorer but not when using Mozilla/Netscape?
Older non-M$ browsers (like Netscape Navigator 4.x) don't support the <marquee>-tag (which has been introduced by M$ in IE4 afaik). These older browsers simply won't scroll but will display the text - no harm done...

GauGau
Pages: 1 2 [3] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Completed mods  |  [Done 1.5.2] Ultimate Shoutbox v.1.1 « previous - next »