Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 23, 2024, 02:50:03 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: SMF is the next generation in forum software, almost completely re-written from the ground up, make sure you don't fall for cheap imitations that suffer from feature bloat!

YaBB SE Community  |  General Category  |  Feedback  |  some form validation? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: some form validation?  (Read 1435 times)
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

some form validation?
« on: March 08, 2003, 05:41:25 PM »

hello, I was looking at other threads, but couldn't find one on this

I have this problem where if some info is missing in the form submitted for a new thread or post, the there's an error page and have to go back only to find that everything I wrote was deleted :(

couldn't some javascript be included in the form html to check that all the required fields have information and that the text length doesn't exceed the limit (those are the only two reasons I know for yabbse to send you back to the form, but there could be others)

btw, what's the limit for a post? in characters or words...

thx for your help :)

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
I, Brian

It is coming...

Re:some form validation?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 06:07:56 PM »

This actually appears to be a user issue - usually regarding browser cache memory.

Anyone with any real experience of forums knows to either compose elsewhere first, where a copy can be retained - or else CTRL+A and CTRL+C to copy all - just in case! Highly recommend either for any messageboard user!

Douglas
aka The Bear
Support Team
YaBB God

Bears rule! Llamas rule too!

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 06:17:52 PM »

Also, you may want to check the "Other Help" area, as this issue is covered in two or three threads.  :)

Need help? Please SEARCH first.  No need for a bad attitude, we like helping positive minded people.
ComeHit.us Short URL  redirection svcs with YSE powered forums, COMING SOON!
Want to say thanks?  Check out http://comehit.us/?u=3
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2003, 06:19:54 PM »

oh, I do that, most of the time hehehe, I do forget sometimes, and it's a pain to write again all the stuff

in my forum, most of the users are new to forums, and they'll tend to mess up until they learn those tips

but an extra few lines of script that could make the forum nicer won't be bad... if I knew javascript and where to put it, I'd do it myself, but I don't know  :-\

My Mods: Avatar & Sig Size Control, No Show Msg Subject, Msg URL Composer, Built-in Avatar Rand, Built-in Sig Rand, Remove New-lines Excess, Show All Stars, Search Bar, Smart URLs
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2003, 07:02:55 PM »

Quote from: Prism329 on March 08, 2003, 06:17:52 PM
Also, you may want to check the "Other Help" area, as this issue is covered in two or three threads.  :)

oh thank you! I will!  :D

[Unknown]
Global Moderator
YaBB God

ICQ - 179721867unknownbrackets@hotmail.com WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2003, 08:50:05 PM »

*cough*

*thinks about secret project, where this is done in many places already - just not the way you expect....*

*whistles*

-[Unknown]
Anguz
YaBB God

llama me?!

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2003, 01:06:09 AM »

lol unknown

I've read this kind of comment on your secret project a few times already!! damn secrecy, I hate mystery lol

that secret project of yours sounds like it'll kick ass big time ;)

Chris Cromer
The Strange One
Mod Team
YaBB God

I am just a figment of your imagination.

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2003, 03:48:17 AM »

Trust me, it's awsome. ;)

Chris Cromer

I am not suffering from insanity, I am enjoying every minute of it.
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  General Category  |  Feedback  |  some form validation? « previous - next »