Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
April 25, 2024, 07:29:12 PM
Home Help Search Log in Register
News: If you are still using YaBB SE, please consider upgrading to SMF as soon as possible.

YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Portal Discussion  |  PhpNuke vs. Postnuke « previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print
Author Topic: PhpNuke vs. Postnuke  (Read 6163 times)
Shoeb Omar
Disciple of Joe
YaBB God

The shrub demands war. I don't. The world doesn't.

ICQ - 69234983clickopedia@hotmail.com WWW
PhpNuke vs. Postnuke
« on: February 06, 2003, 05:47:10 AM »

Well, I've switched between the two portal giants 3 times now, and can still not decide which one's "better". Technically, thy're both pretty much the same, but the main argument I've heard that "proves" postnuke is better is it's large development community. Unfortunately though, I can't seem to find an existing "large" postnuke community that does anything - the develpoment side of things seems at snail pace :-/.

However, I do admit that I use postnuke at my site @muslimteens.net. I used it originally because I found how easy applying mods, and also getting mods was in comparison with phpnuke.

Recently though, I went to the phpnuke site, and development is fast - mods are better and more available, and they have started to use phpbb2 as a default forum in the new beta. Yes, we all know that SE would be better - but hey PHPBB aint bad :).  

Currently, my opinion is that postnuke is better in the modding sense - as it has huge scripts such as Gallery and Postcalendar behind it. BUT, phpnuke's development is a lot quicker, and much more fluid in the reasonining of embracing new ideas quicker, whereas postnuke is slow and thinks about things too much.

What's your opinion?

"If we all practice an eye for an eye, pretty soon the whole world will be blind" - Gandhi

We need to start listening to advocates of peace in oder to advance society. We have not grown from the prehistoric barbarians we once were.  Will society ever mature?
Michele
Beta Tester
YaBB God

I can't wait for YaBB SE 2!

Mad+Moya WWW
Re:PhpNuke vs. Postnuke
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 03:46:35 PM »

Have you looked at myPHPNuke yet?

Scroll down to bottom of page and take a look at ChatBoxII - that is the coolest thing (not sure why it thrills me, but it does). But they don't use YSE either.  :(

Which is just one more reason I'm working on PfaBB! Our portals need cool features too!

formerly Mad Moya
PfaBB - http://pfabb.lunabyte.com
Juana

Go Yabbse Go!

ICQ - 27320025 WWW
Re:PhpNuke vs. Postnuke
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 05:39:10 PM »

i prefer to POSTNUKE ,

welcame to my portal :

http://www.tokeikedai.net.my    ;D
Pages: [1] Reply Ignore Print 
YaBB SE Community  |  Development  |  Portal Discussion  |  PhpNuke vs. Postnuke « previous - next »